View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Dennis is, of course, perfectly entitled to his point of view, but (imo thankfully) the majority of Scots do not share it. I have met a considerable number of SNP supporters in my time, and the one thing they all have in common is a tendency to rant. Instead of rational discussion, they try to bury you under a morass of uncheckable statistics which, one suspects, have been made up on the spur of the moment (Davie Nish, I'm thinking of YOU ).

Up here, in Orkney, a recent poll showed most of us favouring a return to Norwegian rule!

Snorri
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Dennis is, of course, perfectly entitled to his point of view, but (imo thankfully) the majority of Scots do not share it. I have met a considerable number of SNP supporters in my time, and the one thing they all have in common is a tendency to rant. Instead of rational discussion, they try to bury you under a morass of uncheckable statistics which, one suspects, have been made up on the spur of the moment (Davie Nish, I'm thinking of YOU ).

Up here, in Orkney, a recent poll showed most of us favouring a return to Norwegian rule!

Snorri
Brilliant move Snorri and just think, you'll all get a free xmas tree every year.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2007, 04:06 PM
If Scotland want Independence then so be it, but then so should all the other member countries and why not give it to Cornwall as well
Becky
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
You may take it that I don't like the man, either, nor his stupid party.
OK that's two, anyone want to add to that
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Brilliant move Snorri and just think, you'll all get a free xmas tree every year.
Anyone who was watching the Watchnight Service on BBC1 Scotland (which was from St. Magnus Cathedral, Kirkwall), will have seen that we already get one!

Tusan takk
Snorri
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 12:57 PM
bit random this but ya know im scotland - how does the housing thing work..

i was watching a house programme ages ago and the house was up for 140,000 - yet it was sold for over 190,000 - it said offers or something.....

how does it work?? not like the english system? the price is 140000 and you knock em down lol!! not bid up!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
bit random this but ya know im scotland - how does the housing thing work..

i was watching a house programme ages ago and the house was up for 140,000 - yet it was sold for over 190,000 - it said offers or something.....

how does it work?? not like the english system? the price is 140000 and you knock em down lol!! not bid up!
It's a rubbish system. Nearly all house sales are 'offers over'. A house will be (for example) offers over 150K but you might have to offer 220K to get it. Sometimes you will make the highest offer only to find out you could have got it for 10K less.

So many people loose money on surveys etc trying to buy a house that ends up selling for more than they could ever afford.

10 years ago we bought this house for 75K but we knew they would accept the asking price. Another we looked at for the same price went for 140K - almost doublt the 'offers over' price.

When you see a house - offers over 100K (for example) everybody knows it will go for 150K so why doesn't the valuation take this into account and save everybody from wasting time and money.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
I personally would have no problem with Scotland becoming independent on the grounds that all Scottish MP's had to leave the English parliament and stop interfering in the way we want to run our country.

It really gets on my wick that Scottish MP's can sit in Westminster, but English MP's can't sit in Holyrood.

You take the MP for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath (Yes please) who happens to be Gordon Brown. He's an MP for a Scottish constituency, but he's still the PM.

Dennis the biggest problem Scotland is going to have trying to get full independence will be getting all those MP's to give up their sits and move out of Westminster and their cosy little London flats which help to pay for.
I think "our country" is Scottish now anyway.
You just count how many newsreaders, weathermen/women, announcers, presenters, actors etc etc etc are Scots.
Och aye, they're taking over the noo!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
without laughing at me....

the uk is made up of 4 countries - england ireland,scotland and wales

you mean take scotland out of the equasion so we would only be, england ireland and wales???

sorry 4 being thick but am trying to get this whole topic
actually, the UK is made up of england, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.

dont let the Irish hear you call them part of the UK!
that caused wars in the past. LOL
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2007, 06:48 PM
oh yeh sorrY *northern ireland*

i knew that
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3