Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 08:03 PM

No matter what the weather....

do you still take your dogs for there walk/excercise?
Since the weather is getting worse and all it has done the last few days is rained, I take Oscar for his run and walk in the rain, which is fine by me but while out people that I see give me funny looks as if to say 'fancy taking the dog out in the rain' like it will harm him getting wet. I found that last winter too it seemed all other dog owners stay in and dont bother taking the dogs out, and the dogless people that I did see out look at you funny like they have never seen a dog out in the rain before!
I would understand if oscar looked miserable but he is more than happy walking in the rain and enjoys himself, he goes in the lake everyday at home as he loves water being a lab. So I personally dont see the problem with walking in the rain or is that just me?
Its like some dog owners have never heard of water proof clothing before, and there is such things as a towel to rub the dog down afterwards so whats there excuse?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Mine love going walks in the rain I dont mind walking in the rain as it means the parks are empty. Just throw on the waterproof jacket and the wellies and Im off
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 08:06 PM
The only weather that normally puts me off taking Archie out is if it's too hot... We have fun on our walks in the rain, and besides, it's not so crowded (try walking the dog in a London park on a sunny Sunday )
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi Nat

Well Luna loves the rain... And as long as I'm properly dressed, I dont mind the rain myself.

We go our walks no matter the weather...

J
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 08:07 PM
There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing!!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Well im glad to hear im not the only mad one that walks in the rain, but isnt it great as you have the fields and parks pretty much to yourself, lovely and peaceful
But why give me funny looks for taking my dog for a walk, shouldnt they be shaking there heads at the people who dont bother doing anything with there dogs...argh some people Im one cruel owner

Tuti i know what you mean, the people that dont walk the dogs half the year come out in full force when the weather is nice, no consideration for the dog and out for hours while the dog has no drink

Think they need a dictionary to look up what water proof clothing is
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2005, 08:28 PM
I do but not as far

it's not for me though it's for Sadie who hates the rain
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 08:51 PM
I am out, snow, gales, rain and sun..Doesn't matter what the weather my lot want their walk!!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Walking in the rain an the snow when there's no where to go, brilliant.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 09:02 PM
We love the rain and the dogs do too, would never keep them in just cuz it's raining...We also love how everyone goes indoors

It depends on what type of dogs you have I think, I don't think it would be to nice for the smaller breeds, it would be a bit misserable for them being closer to the ground...With a large fit and healthy dog, unless they really hate the rain, then they should still get to go out.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >