Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 02:12 PM

Thread of Destruction!

Thought I would start this off, for new and prospective dog owners to see what a puppy/dog can do ( ) but also so that when/if they come home to something ghastly, they know they are not alone!

Post your pictures of doggie destruction!! Are you brave enough to show us what your 'little darlings' have done??

P.S. I will go first, since my two are known horrors...
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Max's first attempt at destruction. Nothing heavy or valuable, just newspaper...

Max's second attempt (new house). Here, he has ripped up carpet tiles and the lino that was underneath them. If you look closely, you'll also see a little circle of yellow sponge bits from a stolen washing up sponge. What you can't see is that his lovely wicker bed is totally destroyed and had to be binned after this...

IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 02:27 PM
We then had a fallow period, where there was a little bit of carpet scratching, and an escape over the babygate which wasn't pretty...

Then we got Murphy

Murphy is not-quite 18 months old and he and Max have now destroyed 5 sets of flooring (carpet, tiles, lino).

Murphy destroyed 6 soft cushion beds in as many months. You couldn't leave him with a bed for 10 minutes without him ripping it open.

This was a picture of the last soft beds my boys had...

Please note the flooring is also ripped, and the red stuff on the floor are 2 towels pulled from the top of the washer

I think I stopped taking photos after this
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 02:40 PM

thanks to Toro I don't have a land line and am on my second Laptop
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 02:54 PM
No pictures but can list a few that come to mind:

Rear Car seat belts
Car flooring
TWO SKY PLUS controllers!! One wrecked new one replaced and OH instantly left where could get again
Hoover hose
Still have my Louis Vuitton bag with slightly chewed handles
Kids shoes!! - these they always knew to sneak of and hide with them!
Cupboard doors chewed
Kitchen table
Chairs
My pregnancy notes - remember crying over those!

And those are just the ones that spring to mind am sure there are many more!

I know of a dog that pulled an oven door off just before Xmas!

Why do we have dogs
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2008, 02:59 PM
I was brought up with a white boxer bitch called Suki - I remember she ripped up the lino on the floor and bit through the freezer cable. She lived to tell the tale - just a small puddle!

My 3 horrors - nothing too bad really - they have ripped up several duvets. Jenson seems to like carrier bags and wood and used to help himself to my wooden picnic bench
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Don't have any pics but my whippet chewed and destroyed numerous things . my vet gave me a loan of a veterinary cage ( much stronger than normal ) She bent back the bars and got out and ate her way through a door , all in 40 mins !
I then had the brainwave of leaving her in the car while I was at supermarket , she destroyed the inner roof lining and ate the seatbelts , possibly not my best idea then !
She did all that when she was about 8-18 months , I still have her , she is 15 now
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Ok here is just a few to be getting on with
One dining room chair

Two dining room chairs

Three dining room chairs

Four dining room chairs

Oh and one radiator cabinet, how the hell he did this is beyond me.

What Joy
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 03:59 PM
The only thing Archie did was make a small hole in the carpet by digging at it, other than that he was good!
jossrocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2008, 04:16 PM
ah ha! i have had lots of experience in this field!!!
this is what i came home to this time last year when Zorch was 1. (sorry the pics are pretty dark, taken on my phone at the time to text my other half the destruction!!)

Started on the door mat, no so bad but there was poo mixed in with the bits!....

then the floor went.....

so we replaced the floor with lino....2 days after he chewed a huge hole in that, so we have had a rug covering the hole now for a year!!!!( and yes, now diablo has found it!)
add to this numerous cushions, throws, the edge of a sideboard, carpet in the front room, bedding, toys, wires, chair legs, plant pots *takes a deep breath* and im sure theres plenty more ive forgotten
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »