View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-04-2012, 12:00 PM

Maisie - Staffie fostered in Treharris (3 years old female)

Maisie is an approximately 3 year old staffie and is currently on foster in Treharris, South Wales.

The Maisie Fact File
Dog status: Good out on walks, would prefer to be the only dog in her new home
Cat status: Unknown
Child status: Good, can be rehomed with children over the age of 8
House training: Perfect
Home alone: Fine to be left for short periods. Not suitable for full time workers as she loves company.
Basic training: knows the basics and walks nicely on the lead.

Maisie has settled in to her foster home very well and has shown herself to be a gentle and loving dog. She loves people and is always keen to say hello to visitors and people out on walks. She is good with children and likes their company; she could be rehomed with children over the age of 8 years.

Maisie is fine when meeting other dogs, unless they are too bouncy and get in her face too quickly, and then she has been known to growl at them. She does not snap, it is just a kind of ''keep your distance” growl. She is living as the only dog in her foster home and we feel this would be best for her in her forever home also (more cuddles for Maisie)

Maisie is untested with cats and may be best rehomed without feline friends.

When Maisie arrived in our care she had a long standing ear infection which had gone untreated for a long time. The poor thing was in pain and discomfort with her ears and has had to have a number of vet visits and treatments. Throughout all her vet work she has been an ideal patient, sweet and kind and takes her medicine and any treatment well.
She also has a number of symptoms relating to allergies and this is currently under investigation. She is taking steroids and evening primrose oil at the minute to help to settle her skin down. Her steroids are relatively inexpensive at under £8 per month at the current dose.

Maisie is a calm and laid back dog in the home. She is not demanding or over active. Once she has had a walk and a cuddle she is happy and will snooze the day away and sun bathe. Maisie is house trained and is happy to be left on her own for short periods. She does love human company and therefore we do not feel that she should be rehomed with full time workers.

All Hope Rescue dogs are neutered, vaccinated, wormed, flea treated and microchipped prior to rehoming. A homecheck will be required, and you will need to come and meet the dog with your own dogs and family. Hope Rescue rehomes throughout the UK.
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Yes, it's me again, Maisie. Thought I'd give you an update. I am doing good, no more scratching and my ears feel fine. I still have a droopy one, but I think it makes me more endearing. The old bloke has cut my rations a bit, says I am too fat. What sauce ! I am cuddly. Right now I am having a little nap laying behind him while he faffs about on the computer. We have just got back from a nice walk by the river where I met couple of new friends. One was nice and we had a pleasant sniff, but the other was a bit too much in my face, so I warned him off with a little growl. I'm not usually grumpy like that, but I don't like rude dogs who think they can just come up and jump all over you. No manners some people.
We had a nice chat with Bernard the Biscuit and I got a bit of yesterday's chicken from Amanda at the cafe. She's always ready for a fuss and I get to tell her all about my day. I am good at telling the time now. I know when it's 9 o'clock and it's time for a walk, but sometimes I have to remind the old geezer.
I tell him when I want to go to the toilet, when my water bowl is empty and when it's time for my afternoon biscuit ( after my after lunch nap). He sometimes needs reminding when to start dinner too. The only time I have trouble with is bedtime. Why does he have to wake me up and tell me it's time to go to sleep? So sometimes I let him know I am ok down here thanks and he can go to bed without me. Makes me feel grown up to sleep on the couch all night by myself. We have had a lot of visitors recently and I like meeting new people, but unless they have food treats or want a big fuss I say hello politely and then leave them alone. The old fellow leaves me in charge of the house a couple of times a week, so I get up on the back of a chair, move the blinds out of the way with my nose and then I can keep an eye on the street. We have a new walking route now, it's a bit hilly, but I don't mind - lots of new things to sniff. I like walking, but it's nice to come home and have a little nap afterwards. My coat looks nice now, and I like having it brushed, but only for a little while, I mean how do you improve on perfection ? I haven't had to go to the doctor for ages now, and I don't get crunchy ham either, which is a bit of a shame. I do get a little white pill in my breakfast, don't know why, but it's in my bowl, so it must be food right? Anyway I eat it. I quite like it here, but I know there is a forever home for me out there somewhere, so who's going to help me find it ?