Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2011, 08:19 AM

Man kicked dog in ribs

We were in the woods yesterday, Dutch was having a great time running through streams and getting very muddy indeed. We were just about to leave when two very large offlead dogs (no need to mention breeds) went for Dutch.
As Dutch pulled get away I accidently loosed the lead, he ran and curled into a ball whimpering as these dogs were on top of him. I shouted and tried to grab him, the dogs owners ran over and grabbed both dogs by their scruffs (no collars!!), i grabbed Dutch and stood in front of him.
The man holding the bigger of the 2 dogs apologised then turned to his dog and with all his strength swung back and kicked his dog right in the ribs. The dog made a horrible blood curdling sound and tried to run away, at that the man took another swing.
They all then carried on walking.
I was horrified. Yes it had gone for Dutch but it just seemed like alot of noise, no one was hurt, although Dutch was understandably a little bit wary of other dogs, he seems back to his usual self now.
I dont really know what to make of it, I was a little shook up to say the least.
Not acceptable at all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Well there really was no need for that. Ignorant b*****d no wonder his dogs attack other dogs they probably see them as the cause of them getting hurt.

I am glad Dutch is ok after his ordeal.
MarcusF
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Did you wrap the lead around his head several times?

If not, why not?

I'm glad you and Dutch were not hurt.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 02:10 PM
So glad Dutch is OK.

We went to Runcorn to Elaineb's last Sunday ...Tess sniff someones Springer and the Springers owner kicked her some evil folk around
PerthLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2011, 03:27 PM
That is absolutely disguisting! I can't stand that kind of attitude towards dogs! I wish there was some way of stopping some people getting dogs if they are likely to mistreat them!!

So glad yours is ok though!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Revolting. I find people treating dogs like that really sickening.

I am glad Dutch is ok though. Hope you are not too shaken by the incident.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2011, 04:11 PM
He shouldn't have kicked it AFTER the dogs were separated, i only tolerate kicking (not hard enough to cause the dog to yelp) when there is nothing else to do to separate ones when they're fighting.
You should have gone upto him and kicked him in the ribs with all your force. The dog should not have been hurt for 'protecting' his owner - should have been on a lead if it's aggressive
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 06:42 PM
sorry you had to witness that. It's awful.

Not long ago i yelled abuse at a man that kickjed his skinny boxer repeatedly when he thought I had walked off, i lost it, i screamed and honestly could have hit him, not like me at all, just a reaction.

Poor, poor dogs
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Poor dog to be treated like that