View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2005, 01:02 AM

what's up after kennel visit? Dogs are tired and quiet.

Hi, just got back from holiday and picked Daisy and Poppy up from the kennels. Daisy especiallly seems really distant. She seems pretty uninterested in me (and is really 'my' dog) yet when OH calls her over she's fine but is sleeping so much. I'm trying to put it down to her being more active while away so she needs more sleep Poppy seems fairly normal but a bit quiet. Is this all normal? Bit worried. Thanks. K. x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Hi Katrina I hope you had a good holiday.The girls are quite old arn't they?

Some elderly dogs do not like their routines changed and they may be feeling a little confused.. and also happy to be able to sleep peacefully in the security of their own home...(it may have been noisy in the kennels).
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2005, 01:36 AM
They are probably just very tired and may take a day or two to settle back into their old routines. My neighbour puts her dog into kennels quite frequently and when he comes home he is hoarse from barking and does nothing but sleep for two days - and that is a dog that is used to kennels!
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 07:55 PM
I collected Murphy (23 Month Rottie) and Jesse (9 yr GSD) from the kenels on Saturday and altohugh they were estatic to see me when we got they just seemed to want to sleep (they had a massive walk before coming home too.) My two are a tad odd with me, probably quite peeved at being put into kennels (although they were majorly pampered lol) but today they seem to be settling back ok.

The only odd thing about Murphy I have realised is that he now seemed petrified of fireworks (and he wasn't last year) i put this down to him being in an outside kennel for 9 nights where he heard every sound and creak and it's freaked him out a bit - well see how it goes.
Janie_B
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Jack was in kennels for 2 weeks in August. When I collected him he was ecstatic to see us but seemed a bit thin and his coat was dull. They said he wouldn`t eat had pined the whole two weeks. He slept a lot when he came home too, and followed me everywhere. Well more than usual.. Even tried to come into the bath
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Ozzy doesn't do it, but my old girl Brandy used to sulk for days after we brought her back from kennels! Boy did she let you know she wasn't impressed!!!