register for free

Dog News

'Amazing' K-9 killed in hunt for Southern California felon.

A wanted felon who killed a police dog was shot dead by California police late Wednesday when he emerged from a house he was barricaded in brandishing a handgun, authorities said.

The identity of the suspect was not released, but he had been in a standoff with police at the Riverside County residence for hours. Authorities sent the K-9 "Sultan" into the residence through a small crawlspace, and he came out with unspecified injuries. Sultan died at the scene.

The dog, a Belgian Malinois-German shepherd mix, belonged to the San Jacinto Police Department, which is run via contract by the Sheriff's Department. The dog was from Slovakia and had been patrolling since November 2013.

"There is a very close bond between K-9 and the deputy he's assigned to," Sgt. Mike Manning told The Riverside Press-Enterprise. "It's more than property or a tool. It's a heartfelt bond between the dog and the handler."
More here..
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/22...ect-shot-dead/

Your comments and views:
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2015, 01:41 PM
How sad run free Sultan.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2015, 02:08 PM
O God, how sad, poor, poor Sultan ... so glad the ******* who shot him has been killed himself. An eye for an eye ... I hope he suffered, I would have shot him from the ankles upwards, taking as long as possible to finally put him out of his misery.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Run free beautiful boy,so sad.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Whao...... and some idiots say that mushing is inhumane. At least this guy won't need to risk his life again for human cops that get paid a fancy wage knowingly, fully comprehensive of what there doing accepting $$$ to get paid for a job that they would train a dog to do for treats and loyalty to his "master".
I have loads of respect for my dogs because they work so hard but I refuse to let them go somewhere that I know MAY jepordize their life. I sometimes go ahead of the to make sure it's safe. Apparently now that's backwards to what dominant society thinks is proper protocol.
I wonder what the SPCA(or whatever they call themselves) would think if I sent my team across a tentative deathtrap "That river might be froze strong enough to hold...."?
We have 1000's of troopers in foriegn lands killing the people native to that soil and we think it's OK and we accept the media's propaganda and our governments' propaganda to justify it by saying "Their Terrorists!" and mourn with ahtred our troopers yet reoice in th 1000 yard snipers shot killing a "terrorist".
I think Gnasher has the right idea.
The next time these terroistic propagandists try mess with me and/or those under my charge on the soils of the bones of my grandfathers maybe I'll start at the ankles and very very slowly work my way up......by dogteam...ya....I'll send my dogs after them propagandistic terrorists....then maybe send Swiiss mercenaries to collect whats left of their meager bald scalps....

I had a dream a few years ago. It humbled me greatly. It showed me doing something to a man that intended on sexually assulting my daughters. I say it humbled me because it showed me a side of myself that was horrible to recognize at a concious level. Gnasher's post practically describes mmy dream.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Hi Musher! It is not a side to yourself that was horrible to recognise, as an animal it is a perfectly natural reaction towards somebody who caused great harm to your children (even though happily it was only a dream). All of us who are parents should feel that if anyone hurt one hair of our children's heads, (to quote the bible) we would be prepared to kill them, to throw them into the deepest part of the sea (quoting the bible again).

I believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth ...
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Thank you Gnasher.
it's just that I hate seeing the waste of animal life esp when a human gets big bucks to do it then sends a trusting animal"buddy" instead, and what does he get paid? biscuits and head rubs.

Haha . kinda like me.......

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top