Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2006, 02:31 PM

computer ******ed

I am hoping all you knowledgable computer people out there can help me on this one as it has me stumped and my daughter as well as me are not ahppy bunnies.

The problem is my daughter has purchased sims 2 from play.com and it came today in the post she has been so excited for it to arrive anyway we popped it in computer and waited for install to pop up and nothing happened looked in computer- local disk and nothing there so after a google search and sending the game round to her friends house where it straight away came up install on screen decided it might be that my computer has ran out of hard disk space as when i right clicked on my hard disk the whole pie chart was blue and not a tiny fraction of pink showing.

I have so far done a disk clean up got rid of all unwated programs cleared temp files, disk defragmenter, system restore clean up and still nothing i have even tried to watch a dvd and it wont play please help.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2006, 03:54 PM
You rely are desperate Sambo with all the things you have tried.

You'll have to make space i think you know this so somethings will have to go short of getting a bigger HDD.

Maybe get rid of some MP3'S to disk photo's to disk

The reason why your dvd player won't work is cause the dvd drive requires some HDD space to play the movie.

All so make sure you have the upto date Direct X installed to play the game
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 04:04 PM
put in the cd, click start and then find 'run' and click on that...Disks usually just run atomatically like this one did on your friends computer but sometimes they don't...Clicking on 'run' enables you to fire up the disk yourself...See if that works?
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 08:06 PM
The Sims is a game that takes loads of space -so your gonna have to free some up -get rid of pictures-documents-music- check your 'recieved file' too ..if the kids use msn then they probably accept files from their mates ( mine do ) Any unused programmes or games get rid of ..you'll be surprised how much junk you have
hth
Liz
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Try going into the control panel>add/remove programs and getting rid of anything you don't use...
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy
The Sims is a game that takes loads of space -so your gonna have to free some up -get rid of pictures-documents-music- check your 'recieved file' too ..if the kids use msn then they probably accept files from their mates ( mine do ) Any unused programmes or games get rid of ..you'll be surprised how much junk you have
hth
Liz
I remember we tried to load Simms and our pc froze, sorry to say but we never did get the thing loaded. Have to ditto Murphy they use up loads of space. I hope you get it sorted
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for all your help i have had a massive clearout and have now done all the above so i have hardly anything left on pc lol but at least it has gave me some more space ill have to see if sims will load tomorrow as my daughter has gone to her dads to use it on his lap top now lol she rang earlier to say it works but is slugish i have told her that if it dont work on here then its going in the paper for sale.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-02-2006, 06:05 PM
It also depends how powerfull your pc is -the graphics on the sims are so complex they need alot of whoomph to make it work properly ..Good Luck
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2006, 07:10 PM
I had to buy a new graphics card to make the sims 2 run properly.
It would run, but very slowly
sambo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2006, 12:13 PM
If needed how much is a graphics card where do i get one from and are they easy to fit i'm not very technical sos lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >