Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2018, 03:07 PM

Autumn & Winter

Is anyone else looking forward to autumn and winter?

I love the fact I live in a country with seasons
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2018, 03:28 PM
I love late autumn and winter and early spring. Don't like the very hot weather that we have just had. Always loved Scotland when I came there for a holiday.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Don't like autumn or winter, I loooove the hot weather..you won't hear me complaining, only good thing about winter is all the fair weather workers bog off lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2018, 05:04 PM
I love spring and autumn and winters if they are fairly mild (but not freezing).

This year's heatwave was awful. I hate it when it gets too hot and it makes it difficult to breathe. Thankfully, we don't get heatwaves like this year's too often here at the coast
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2018, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I love late autumn and winter and early spring. Don't like the very hot weather that we have just had. Always loved Scotland when I came there for a holiday.
I am in complete agreement. I do like the sun but just not the heat. Scotland has the ideal temperature for me most of the time
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2018, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Don't like autumn or winter, I loooove the hot weather..you won't hear me complaining, only good thing about winter is all the fair weather workers bog off lol
Ha yes I hear a lot of other dog owners complaining about fair weather walkers and how much more pleasant it is when the weather is too inclement for them to step outside
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2018, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I love spring and autumn and winters if they are fairly mild (but not freezing).

This year's heatwave was awful. I hate it when it gets too hot and it makes it difficult to breathe. Thankfully, we don't get heatwaves like this year's too often here at the coast
I don't feel I can function properly when it has been as hot as we have had this year. I couldn't have coped with some of the extremely high temperatures down South.

I enjoy a bit of snow but last year was a bit of a nightmare with our animals. Hopefully it will be less extreme this year.

[IMG][/IMG]
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Those are fantastic pictures but not the so keen on the weather in them.

I really like all the seasons. No strong feeling for or against any of them in fact my favourite is the one I am in. Onyl weather I am far from keen on is wind I hate bitter winds and rain backed wind.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2018, 09:28 AM
I’m with Griff. Love the heat and summer. Hate it when the evenings start to get darker as they are now and I can feel myself going into a slump.

If I never saw another snowflake again it would be too soon. And the way motorists carry on driving as per normal if it snows, the way the media fusses about half a centimetre falling and it disrupts the whole country into panic buying. I just wish I could hibernate and wake up in spring when the darts and bluebells are out.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Those are fantastic pictures but not the so keen on the weather in them.

I really like all the seasons. No strong feeling for or against any of them in fact my favourite is the one I am in. Onyl weather I am far from keen on is wind I hate bitter winds and rain backed wind.

Thanks Kazz. Snow definitely makes for scenic photos but it is hard work having to try to keep everything fed and as comfortable as possible when it is as bad.

I think I also like something about each season and love the fact they are so distinct in this country. I agree with you though, bitter wind and cold rain is no fun for anyone!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >