Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2009, 10:17 PM

wet/oozing rash? below belly button

I noticed tonight (while smothering my dog in kisses ) that Takara has a little rash just below her belly button (right in the middle where she has the slightest crease all the way down from belly button to bits).

What was most concerning is it's wet, I'm not sure it was oozing but it looked wet so I touched it. Trouble is, after I'd touched it she wouldn't give over licking it and it's definitely sensitive to touch.

She hadn't licked it before as far as I knew but I've been in bed most of the day, we managed to distract her away from it and after a couple of attempts she stopped licking.

Any ideas what it could be? Should I just keep an eye on it?
pinklizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Could possibly be a moist dermatitis? (hot-spot), the inflammed skin will ooze a serous fluid which makes it look and feel wet. She may need some antibiotics to clear it.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks pinklizzy, will get it sorted asap - it would appear my dogs want to bankrupt me!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 07:59 AM
From what you've said (without seeing it) I'd be inclined to agree with pinklizzy above, and if you have any hibiscrub in you could try washing the area with that as it's often enough to clear it up
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks Kath! We have hibiscrub so will give that a go! I checked today and it's still there but not so wet, it's no bigger than my little finger nail but quite obviously because it's as red as her bully button and her tummy is white!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2009, 07:36 AM
I would go the Hibiscrub route too, Lottie. Good luck hon x