Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2007, 06:59 PM

Attendance Review

Because I had a week off due to stress over Armed Robbery and the 3 further attempts, I had to have an attendance review at work today. They are not happy with me because it has made my abcence at 7% which they said is unnaceptable and if I suffer from stress there anymore because of any future incidents there they will not continue to employ me in the garage any longer.
Any other abcence for illness or family matters I must give a couple of days notice so they can work out shift swaps and then I will be expected to make up those hours at a time convienient to them.
I'm fuming and definatly stepping up the looking for another job especially after recieving a phone call at work today from our other Tesco Garage 3 miles away that they had just had an attempted armed robbery at knife point which failed so they thought the chap could be heading up to try us. Our boss didn't even let security know or tell the other members of our staff as she felt certain it would be too far for anyone to bother having another go at.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2007, 08:31 PM
go to the citizens advice center and see if they can help.
or are u with any sort of union????
they can be allowed to get away with that.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Lousy b*stards. Can't believe they're treating you like this. Hope you find something better soon and tell them where to stuff their cr*ppy job - preferably sideways
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2007, 08:42 PM
What an absolutely horrid place to work, I'm sure if you threatened to go to the papers they would change their tune, I thought Tesco's were supposed to look after their staff. With what you have been through and, by the sounds of it, could be subjected to over and over again, I should think they would be more sympathetic to the welfare of their staff.

I personally think you are very brave to work there at all, I know I wouldn't have the guts to do it.

I agree with Vicki, lets hope you find a better job and tell them where they can shove this one.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-03-2007, 08:59 PM
they cant do that............... unfair dismissal rings a bell.
esp as the stress was caused by an event that took place at work....hardly say your making it up can they.
fine get a gp letter stating your stressed and this has increased it so have more time off on sick with a note to cover you.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Thats disgusting and im sure illegal, i think a company can only terminate your employment of you have had i think 27weeks out of 52 off sick...get that checked out and check with unions!!!!

Or the papers....shut tescos up!

ITs a disgrace!!!!

Alex
xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2007, 12:46 AM
That's disgusting! I'm really feel for you.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Every employer has a duty of care to protect their employees from stress. I'm fairly sure that they are supposed to have a stress policy.

If the absence from work was due to violence at work I would have thought that they would provide counselling, training and assess what other measures they could provide in order to make the workplace safer.

After all, a happy worker is a good worker.

See: http://www.tuc.org.uk/h_and_s/index.cfm?mins=37
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Thats dreadful, I hope everything works out ok for you!
Keep your chin up, and be careful.
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2007, 09:41 AM
It is definately illegal. They cannot threaten to sack you because of illness especially as it was flipping working there that caused it. Make sure you stand your ground and dont let them get away with treating you like this.
If you have a doctors note for the time you were off ill what they said to you yesterday is discrimination and they could get in serious trouble. There are usually Industrial Dispute Consultants in the yellow pages who are willing to give some free advice over the phone, I would call them and see what they say.
Hope you find a lovely new job though you definately deserve it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >