Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Would defo recognise Bella from behind Great pics
We would like a video of Bella going in and out through those bollards after you teach her
you have coffee from a can
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Aphrodite is very of Cyprus, isn't she? I remember visiting the 'rock of Aphrodite' - where she was apparently born came out of the sea - I didn't swim around it and maybe that's why I look in the mirror and despair . Then there was the rather touristy Aphrodite baths - where she supposedly bathed before her wedding. Loved it all.

Lovely photos - great to see Bella in her own back yard.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Would defo recognise Bella from behind Great pics
We would like a video of Bella going in and out through those bollards after you teach her
you have coffee from a can
Now why didn't I think of doing that Laey? I will get right on it. What am I thinking of sitting on the bench drinking my cold Pokka Coffee and just watching her enjoying herself when I could be teaching her circus tricks lol!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Aphrodite is very of Cyprus, isn't she? I remember visiting the 'rock of Aphrodite' - where she was apparently born came out of the sea - I didn't swim around it and maybe that's why I look in the mirror and despair . Then there was the rather touristy Aphrodite baths - where she supposedly bathed before her wedding. Loved it all. Lovely photos - great to see Bella in her own back yard.
Yep the famous rock (I can't see any resemblance to anything in any of these famous rocks arising from the sea myself lol) I've seen many GULL rocks too!

You were over by Paphos. I avoid Paphos. It's known as a British Protectorate here lol! In the recent census it was revealed that now more Brits own property in Paphos than do Cypriots! And it's so blimmin' ISOLATED from the rest of the island (well apart from quite easy access to the mountains) and the beaches are naff!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

27-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Lovely photos. That wee beauty is enjoying herself!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Now why didn't I think of doing that Laey? I will get right on it. What am I thinking of sitting on the bench drinking my cold Pokka Coffee and just watching her enjoying herself when I could be teaching her circus tricks lol!

Yep the famous rock (I can't see any resemblance to anything in any of these famous rocks arising from the sea myself lol) I've seen many GULL rocks too!

You were over by Paphos. I avoid Paphos. It's known as a British Protectorate here lol! In the recent census it was revealed that now more Brits own property in Paphos than do Cypriots! And it's so blimmin' ISOLATED from the rest of the island (well apart from quite easy access to the mountains) and the beaches are naff!
We stayed in Protaras but hired a car, so were able to travel around. I really liked Cyrpus.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 08:50 AM
We stayed in Protaras but hired a car, so were able to travel around. I really liked Cyrpus.
Protaras is a popular beach destination from here in Larnaka too. Quite a lot of locals visit Protaras for a day out.

Well done for getting out to see most of the island - you more or less went from one side right to the other.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Protaras is a popular beach destination from here in Larnaka too. Quite a lot of locals visit Protaras for a day out.

Well done for getting out to see most of the island - you more or less went from one side right to the other.
We were all over the place . We went along the border too. I remember a receptionist at the Hotel telling us a large proportion of guests just stayed at the Hotel by the pool and didn't see anything of the island.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2013, 11:48 AM
We were all over the place . We went along the border too. I remember a receptionist at the Hotel telling us a large proportion of guests just stayed at the Hotel by the pool and didn't see anything of the island.
Yep increasingly true now that All Inclusive holidays are becoming more popular. What puzzles me is why they bother to fly as far as Cyprus to do that? I mean 4.5 to 5hrs flying time. You could do that in Spain and be there in an hour for less money!

And it's such a small island. You can easily explore ALL of it in a week without knocking yourself out.

I don't consider anyone who holidayed for a fortnight in say, Limassol or Paphos to have 'seen Cyprus' at all. They've seen the two biggest Tourist Strips.

I've had pals visit and shown them the whole island in a few days from the Karpaz Peninsular in the North down to Polis and Latchi past Paphos in the West and up the mountains in the middle too! In just 3 weeks one year my daughter and I got in my car and visited every town on the map all the way around the perimeter (unless we were barred by military) and quite a few inland too.

Ruins, castles, lakes, mountains, harbours, tiny villages and open countryside and beaches - and some restrict themselves to the poolside?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2013, 08:57 PM
What an idyllic place to walk ... mixed terrain and fab views ... what more could you want. Little Bella clearly enjoys it too . She really is a weeny little dog and is only about half an inch high in some of those photos

Keep the photos coming. I feel as though I've been on holiday to Cyprus now.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2