Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2020, 06:53 PM
garage clearout pt 2

look at the floor, nothing to do with me it was that silly bugger that had the place before

This is the extn he had put on the back of the garage , incorperating an old summer house, but didn't put down a damp proof membrane first, so consequently the floor gets a bit wet as the joints show. This floor was lowered so he could get his big camper van in. Yet another bodge job done by his building firm

I have thought about doing it myself putting a membrane over it all and then a proper floor but to be honest can't be really bothered

Still now at least we can reach the far end easier. The cars are behind the place where the photo was taken. Behind the wood wall on the right is my workshop
if I could afford it I would have the whole area stripped out to one level and new floor laid. At the moment it is a place to dump things in
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2020, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good evening all.

Cold day here but the rain held off until 4 pm ish.

Dave has relented just a little and phoned the doctors. Tablets changed and he's got to monitor how he feels on the new ones for a couple of weeks to see how it goes.

I've been to the opticians this afternoon. An hour and twenty minutes to check my eyes. The optician insisted on explaining the eye photo to me. Apparently, to top off the macular degeneration, I now have cataracts starting in both eyes. Oh the joys of getting old. New glasses should be here in two weeks so at lease I should be able to see again so some good came out of it

I hope Amber gets over her upset soon Moyra. They do worry us when they are ill
Did not know you had macular degeneration, Mom had that the dry sort. Terrible thing.

Glad he phoned the Doctors and there may be an answer to his health issue.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2020, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
garage clearout pt 2

look at the floor, nothing to do with me it was that silly bugger that had the place before

This is the extn he had put on the back of the garage , incorperating an old summer house, but didn't put down a damp proof membrane first, so consequently the floor gets a bit wet as the joints show. This floor was lowered so he could get his big camper van in. Yet another bodge job done by his building firm

I have thought about doing it myself putting a membrane over it all and then a proper floor but to be honest can't be really bothered

Still now at least we can reach the far end easier. The cars are behind the place where the photo was taken. Behind the wood wall on the right is my workshop
if I could afford it I would have the whole area stripped out to one level and new floor laid. At the moment it is a place to dump things in
A handy place to have everyone needs a "dumping area/room"
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2020, 07:21 PM
Oh Chris, I went to the opticians today too.£423 for new glasses. I have Glaucoma and Diabetes too so not good. He tells me I too have cataracts forming and did I want to go to hospital to have them removed. I declined and said I would leave it a year and see how it goes. Hope you sort yours out ok as you say the price of getting older.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2020, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Oh Chris, I went to the opticians today too.£423 for new glasses. I have Glaucoma and Diabetes too so not good. He tells me I too have cataracts forming and did I want to go to hospital to have them removed. I declined and said I would leave it a year and see how it goes. Hope you sort yours out ok as you say the price of getting older.
Moyra I would consider ringing back and saying yes and get on the waiting list could be a year before you get there. I thought you just paid £350+and got a pair of glasses which you had trouble with has your prescription changed that much WOW.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2020, 09:48 PM
That's a lovely big space TW. I like outside/inside space. Useful for all sorts of things.

Yep, same Kazz, dry MD. The Glasses were £224 all in. Varifocals, and they darken in the daylight. I never like glasses so the £70 frames do me. I seem to have to change 'em every two years so cheap is good. That was with the 25% old codgers discount though
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2