Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2020, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning everyone, I hope you survived the night ok. I trust that you and your four legged friends are all ok. I have a thundering sore throat and feeling groggy.

Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.

Look after yourself and remember you are responsible for your own happiness.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2020, 04:37 PM
Not like the good old days Kazz when you could sell a car with tax remaining.
Yes one car family now Kazz.

He still cannot tax the car and we have after much research worked it out.
Normally when we move a car on someone comes to view, test drive pay and take it from home. So we leave it taxed and insured to keep them legal while getting it home.
They let us now they are home and have taxed it and insured it then we cancel our tax and insurance.
It threw us delivering it as soon as we had delivered it done the paperwork etc., as soon as I got home I cancelled the tax and you have to tell Gov.uk new owner details so then the car is registered to them. Of course that means any doc ref numbers are not applicable anymore because I no longer own the vehicle. So the poor guy has to wait till the end of the week when hopefully the new log book (V5) will arrive and be issued to him with the ref number on for him to be able to tax it.
Such a b**lls up from me.
Thankfully he is in love with the car, grateful we drove it over to him and being very patient and understanding.
I have apologised for the mix up and admitted I jumped the gun in cancelling tax our end before him taxing it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2020, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Not like the good old days Kazz when you could sell a car with tax remaining.
Yes one car family now Kazz.

He still cannot tax the car and we have after much research worked it out.
Normally when we move a car on someone comes to view, test drive pay and take it from home. So we leave it taxed and insured to keep them legal while getting it home.
They let us now they are home and have taxed it and insured it then we cancel our tax and insurance.
It threw us delivering it as soon as we had delivered it done the paperwork etc., as soon as I got home I cancelled the tax and you have to tell Gov.uk new owner details so then the car is registered to them. Of course that means any doc ref numbers are not applicable anymore because I no longer own the vehicle. So the poor guy has to wait till the end of the week when hopefully the new log book (V5) will arrive and be issued to him with the ref number on for him to be able to tax it.
Such a b**lls up from me.
Thankfully he is in love with the car, grateful we drove it over to him and being very patient and understanding.
I have apologised for the mix up and admitted I jumped the gun in cancelling tax our end before him taxing it.
The way this is going you could claim visiting rights….
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2020, 06:55 PM
Kazz. you are so right it is down to me to procure my own happiness but from childhood I have always put family first and done as I was told by my elders. Everyone amongst my brothers and sisters were all strong and pushy and greedy with their needs, I have always stepped back. In the next world things will be better, I am sure. xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2