View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2010, 09:08 PM

I actually agree with this to an extent, especially when the parent/s or gaurdians work full time (and if they didn't work then we would possibly be paying for them!).

It's the same when people have too many dogs that they don't have enough time for them all. I don't think that's right or fair at all.

I work full time (and then some) and give both my two dogs loads of my time, I wouldn't have enough time for a kid even if I wanted one

THANK YOU
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I think the more children you have the harder you have to work and the more it costs in time and money and emotional expense to make sure they are alright and have the security they need to grow up happily. Two children were enough for me, especially as I was in my late twenties when I had them - perhaps I am selfish, but I struggled to keep my own identity and it was difficult to pick up my career again later down the line.
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Id like 4 at the most
Would settle with 1 boy and 1 girl though
But never know have to see how it goes may just find have enough with the one
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't have any, and I can't have any (certainly not naturally anyway)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I actually agree with this to an extent, especially when the parent/s or gaurdians work full time (and if they didn't work then we would possibly be paying for them!).
How rude. I had 3 children. I also did a degree, and worked to support them. Maybe all those people who say one can`t cope with 3 children should look at the way they manage their time. Perhaps less time watching soaps or chatting on FB would help. (Now that was about as offensive as suggesting my children suffered, so you know how it feels)
My boys all had a great childhood and always had home-cooked food and family outings. I mended their own clothes (and made some) and grw vegetables and made bread and cakes.
I don`t understand all these people who struggle to cope with 1 or 2 children.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I don`t inderstand all these people who struggle to cope with 2 children.
Neither do I,
I had Lizzie and Tom close together,less than 12 months between them,and Luke who was just starting school.
I had to be organised and in a routine,it wasn't easy but I managed.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Blimey.....some people are very judgemental!

I have three kids. They are happy, well adjusted and all get plenty of time and love.They all go to many after school activities and are very successful at school,in fact they are A grade students. They are polite and well mannered, in fact we are often complemented by members of the public and restaurant staff when we go out.They have lots of friends and help around the house. I was also one of three children as was my OH.

My OH works full time,and |I do some part-time work on occasion and also do volunteer work in a number of roles...

we do not claim any benefits and never have done apart from a couple of Summers inbetween Summer jobs as students.

I cannot believe some people are so narrow minded as to believe three children are unmanageable.Love is not a finite pot that you have to share out equally.......In fact in my opinion the more you give out, the more you get back and the fuller the pot becomes!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
How rude. I had 3 children. I also did a degree, and worked to support them. Maybe all those people who say one can`t cope with 3 children should look at the way they manage their time. Perhaps less time watching soaps or chatting on FB would help. (Now that was about as offensive as suggesting my children suffered, so you know how it feels)
My boys all had a great childhood and always had home-cooked food and family outings. I mended their own clothes (and made some) and grw vegetables and made bread and cakes.
I don`t understand all these people who struggle to cope with 1 or 2 children.
Couldn't agree more I do all those things (aprt from the growing veg) and have 3 children.

I think the problem comes when people have children but still want to act like they don't. I have never even left my children with a baby sitter, we are a family not a couple anymore so evenings out are no longer important.

All those hobbies and activities that you did before children? Well forget all of them. The children ARE your life now and as such will always come first.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Oh does it matter who can cope with what? seriously ? We all have different lifestyles etc. I had two spaced 8 years apart by design, I did think about a third but as I would have been 42 at the time I gave it a miss and the OH had the snip so that was that. I worked full time (from choice, not necessity) as did the OH, so I juggled, my work, the childminder, their out of school activities etc. etc and managed to set up my own business too which made life harder in some respects and easier in others. Did others think I was wrong for doing things the way I did? well yeah course they did, but it's my life not theirs and I make the decisions in my life and people need to respect that or do one. On the other hand my best friend had one child and struggled big time and she didn't work but her OH did, did that make me a better parent than her? Of course not, it made us different people with different children, different choices and different outcomes. There is no right or wrong way of doing it and no one should judge someone else for doing things in a different way, just because you can't see the problem it doesn't mean there isn't one.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Oh does it matter who can cope with what? seriously ? We all have different lifestyles etc. I had two spaced 8 years apart by design, I did think about a third but as I would have been 42 at the time I gave it a miss and the OH had the snip so that was that. I worked full time (from choice, not necessity) as did the OH, so I juggled, my work, the childminder, their out of school activities etc. etc and managed to set up my own business too which made life harder in some respects and easier in others. Did others think I was wrong for doing things the way I did? well yeah course they did, but it's my life not theirs and I make the decisions in my life and people need to respect that or do one. On the other hand my best friend had one child and struggled big time and she didn't work but her OH did, did that make me a better parent than her? Of course not, it made us different people with different children, different choices and different outcomes. There is no right or wrong way of doing it and no one should judge someone else for doing things in a different way, just because you can't see the problem it doesn't mean there isn't one.

I do agree with you, every family is different, but people telling others that three children will not be loved or looked after properly is a red rag! It is like saying no-one has the ability to look after three dogs properly.

No-one is saying they are better parents than anyone else, just defending the fact that having three children is no big deal......
Page 9 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >