View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 12:38 PM
My OH likes to cook and does his fair share nowadays. When the children were small I did all the cooking and it is nice now to have someone else who can do it.

We both cook different things - I tend to do the more traditional type of cooking and he tends to like cooking the more exotic dishes but never follows a recipe so the "exotic" bit tends to mean that you might not be able to recognise what you are eating but it still tastes good

Have to say that the kitchen is a disaster zone when he has finished.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately yes :smt022
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois
I can sympathise with the not washing up as he goes along. My o/h is a Chef and yes its great to get your meals cooked for you but not so nice when I see the state of the kitchen after he has finshed. I keep telling him he does not have kitchen porters here to cean up after him, and if I go into wash up while he is cooking he chases me out till he is finished cooking. sometimes I wish he wouldn't cook, but then I remember all the delicious meals he has made and have to let him back in the kitchen again.
Being a chef is no excuse, I am a Qualified chef and clean up after myself, although after qualifying I worked in a kitchen for 4 months hated it and never went back.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2006, 04:01 PM
My hubby can't cook LOL

He once cooked the kids Sausage & Chips, they ended up with plastic sausages He'd left the plastic spoon in the pan while they were cooking!

I do all the cooking here
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 12:55 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

He doesn't even know how to turn the oven on
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 01:59 PM
I looove cooking, so poor Chris doesn't get much of a look in, unless he wants to supplement my veggie delights with the odd lump of charred meat If I'm having an off-day, he's always willing to take over in the kitchen, and has a few wonderful recipes up his sleeve

I think cooking as a hobby is in my blood. My mum, dad and brother all enjoy cooking and are brilliant at it, and both dad and George do all the cooking for their households. My sister, on the other hand, is pretty useless in the kitchen, and she and her husband live primarily on ready meals and takeaways, although she will cook for her baby son. It's a family joke that she got a cooker with double oven because she needed the extra storage space
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 05:38 AM
spoilt brat as o/h does all the cooking, washing up and cleaning the kitchen, clothes washing and ironing, packed lunches, cleaning front room.

i get to do upstairs!

son actually now prefers take away to my cooking
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 09:07 AM
erm I don't cook - OH has for the past 18 years done it all! It's not that I can't but rather I won't, life is far too short to spend it in the kitchen. I eat for necessity and OH is by my own admission far better at it than me!!!!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Ken is a brilliant cook. He gets home from work really late so doesn't have time to cook. I don't really cook at the weekend. We eat out or order in so he doesn't really get much chance. This doesn't really bother me as he is a typical man in the kitchen and it looks like a war zone afterwards
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Yep, Nigel is a good cook, and I think when I was poorly and he cooked most of the time was when I ballooned!!!!!

We both like to cook together, and it's more enjoyable that way- can't stand men who think it's a womens job!!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >