Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 07:35 AM

Daily Chaat Friday 22nd May

Goodmorning everyone

So sorry to hear your mum is worse Griff. When Barry wasn't eating or drinking they gave him bottles of high protein drink, rather like a milk shake, which gave him some fluid and some sort of food. (Think it was called fortisip) It is such a shame you can't visit or you could take her something tasty. I will keep you all in my thoughts.

Dull and wind here today such a change from yesterday but still warm

Hope everyone is well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 07:47 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. Have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.

Kelly, So sorry your mum is not helping herself to get better, I sympathise with how frustrated it must make you. Hopefully she will turn a corner soon and want to get well. Take care of yourself too. God bless.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 09:04 AM
Good morning all.

Kelly, so sorry your mum is proving difficult for her doctors and nurses in respect of not helping herself, but don't be too hard on her. It sounds like she's been ill for quite a while and illness makes us cranky and illogical. Hopefully, they'll help her through it and she'll feel able to enjoy her food and drink again.

Very breezy morning here (40-45 mph according to weather forecast). No sun yet today either.

Have a good day everyone, stay safe xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 09:56 AM
She drank water yesterday and ate too, she has tried some breakfast today and has had a lot of water too...she is still dehydrated, to the point they can't find a vein, her temperature is still 39 and the pain is so bad despite morphine and paracetamol that she can't walk. They did an x-ray yesterday to look at the bone...and are now doing an MRI scan today, they said they don't think it's necrotising fascitis, it's not sounding very good at all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 10:58 AM
Oh heck, Kelly, she sounds to be very ill bless her.

Sending lots of positive thoughts her way. Fingers crossed they will find the cause and be able to treat it.

Keep your chin up girl xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 11:20 AM
Thanks Chris... hoping they can get her pain under control and find the right antibiotics for the job, sadly she's allergic to penicillin so a little more limited
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 12:18 PM
Afternoon all.

Griff sounds like she is in the right place I sometimes think when we are as "poorly" as your Mom sounds; we reach a level where poorly becomes the norm and therefore we do not think of ourselves as "not well" it is deeper seated hope the next few days become a turning point for the better. You should ask Andy the nice nurse is there a way of setting up a email contact service so you get regular updates?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-05-2020, 01:23 PM
I have been waiting for a delivery since the 12 May, so emailed the company and got this reply

"Our apologies for this. I’ve just checked the tracking information and it looks like the order has been lost in transit to you"

They are sending replacement so not blaming them but I do have to wonder if these delivery companies are actually capable of doing they jobs.

We constantly get ,at least from Parcel Farse, lost-misdirected -wrong delivery address left at etc,etc Does this company actually check to see if their people can read ? I seriously doubt it.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 02:26 PM
hi all. i'm on the hunt for a freehold property with one bedroom.West Sussex area. Would appreciate any input. Very windy here. but sunny.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2020, 02:58 PM
Pleased our mum has eaten and drunk some water and hopefully they will soon have her pain under control

Brenda, have a look on Rightmove. Just type in West Sussex and then you can select your criteria. It doesn't take out leasehold houses but if you take out flats there is a good choice from the coast up to Crawley from bungalows to houses. There might be something there to catch your fancy. Good luck with your search.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >