Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2020, 06:58 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 21st May, 2020

Good morning all, bit overcast this morning. I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all things safe and well. God bless.

Kelly, hope your mum is much better this morning. Chin up!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2020, 08:20 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Warm here and sunny on and off.
Breakfast in the garden today.

Gorden now gone off to work and I am tidying and continuing with trying to untangle two very expensive fine white gold chains which Gorden bought me years ago. I have been doing this task since Monday nearly there she says hopefully.

griff hope your mum is improving today.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2020, 08:22 AM
Good morning
She was still in a state last night, hopefully I will get to speak to her later, just tried her phone but no answer
Oh gosh Lynn, Don't envy you that task!! I do not have the patience for untangling things
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2020, 08:24 AM
Good morning all.

A bit hit and miss here too Moyra. A bit of sunshine followed by it clouding over.

The doctors here are telephoning everyone of the shielded list. Dave got the call after a day or so of agony yet again so the doctor booked him in for later that day. It was a shielded surgery (one in, one out). They gave him some tablets and have referred him to hospital with the warning that it could be quite a while before an appointment comes available in the current situation.

They examined his stomach which they feel is OK and so the referral.

So far so good with the tablets so fingers crossed he won't get the two weekly agonising stomach ache and sickness again and we can finally get to the bottom of it

I won't lie, it's terrifying. He's lost 2 stone in weight and he just wouldn't phone the doctor because of the virus. That 'phone call from the doctor has really served to ease our minds a bit
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2020, 09:13 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Griff, Chris and all who follow

Good luck with the chains Lynn such a fiddly job but worthwhile if you can manage it.

Hope mum improves today Griff.

Pleased that Dave has now spoken to a doctor and hopefully an appointment soon to find out what is really happening to hi,

Lovely here this morning after a cloudy start. Had to sort out the tyre pressure on my car. Went to move it and the warning pinged so put some air in and reset and then took it out for a run and all seems to be ok now. Do wish Ben had told me as if I had not gone to move it would not have known. Also the pressure was hardly down - these new fangled warnings are a nuisance.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2020, 09:21 AM
Good beautiful morning here. Been to work and also took Gert for a nice run up the hacking track

Planning on finishing relaying the path today Yeah. Gert is lying out on the back step and we have just both had breakfast, now planning my method of attack.

Moyra Have a great day. How is Amber enjoying access to the back garden?

Lynn Have you tried laying the chains on say a worktop or firm surface with a paper towel underneath and using the smallest thinnest screwdriver you can to untangle. Have a good day.

Chris My heart goes out to you; scary times, there has to be something causing this with your hubby hopefully the tests will get to the root of the problem; enjoy the garden and will your door be open to a moaner later? LOL

Sue Glad you have ventured out from the ironing board, I used to have a flat where the ironing board was actually folded out from a drawer I had no idea how I have regretted over the years not taking it with me when I sold and moved. Hope your day is good how is the grass coming on?

Losos Lovely to see you hope all is well with you and Mrs L.

Brenda Hello hope you are enjoying the weather.

To everyone have a good day catch you all later. Cheers

B]Griff[/B] Hope you get some news today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2020, 09:55 AM
No, Kazz, he's staying home today .

I'm sure he thinks we are related to Harry Potter. He wants sign interpretation on all films that are shown because the subtitles are rubbish (his reading isn't that good). The Government is rubbish because they are on TV too much. Not enough episodes of the soaps . It's basically because when he gets down, nothing is good enough. He sulks for a few days and won't come up for breakfast, then it passes for a while and the pattern repeats. He'll get there
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-05-2020, 11:45 AM
Sue's car came with one of those squerty inflate thingies. I said no way and got a get me home emergency wheel and tyre from fleabay. Sue was none too happy about it until. Visiting a son in Brighton she hit a pothole and the tyre burst. She has now changed her mind when the breakdown man said getting a spare wheel was the best thing that I had insisted on.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2020, 02:16 PM
We always get a spare wheel too. Only ever had to use a spare twice in all the years we've been driving, but when the worst happens, it's so much easier dropping off the offending tyre with the garage while we go walkabout then have it put on the car when it's ready and we are back
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Things haven't been good for my mum today
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >