View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2020, 06:34 AM

Daily Thread Friday 8th May, 2020 V.E Day.

Good morning everyone, nice bright morning, I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Have a good VE Day 75 years celebration and stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2020, 07:11 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Lovely morning again. Teazle walked and housework done and veg ready for lunch. Having a coffee and then out in the garden again. Quite a fe houses decorated for VE Day

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2020, 10:45 AM
Morning all
Have my union jack's in the front window. Both the dogs and I stayed still and silent...next door didn't, not really surprised
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2020, 10:57 AM
Good morning all

Been sad in the back garden singing along to We'll Meet Again, Bye Bye Blackbird, Pack up all Your Cares and Woe and Run Rabbit this morning.

A guy (or gal) around the corner has set up the music to blast out for the estate. It was lovely. I'd have stayed out longer, but Rosie wanted in as it's a tad too hot for her.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2020, 11:04 AM
Good morning all

Next door and I share a brick shed, we have half each and a door each side each no problems but her shed is leaking and lol and behold the leak is on my side of the shed it sits in the middle of the garden so going to have a look what's happened not had a problem previously roof felt etc looks good we think it may of lifted slightly so tapping in some felt nails and will consider some felt waterproof stuff painted on if it continues. Good job its summer. Of course until this lockdown she did not know she had a leak so could be a small one somewhere. The shed does dip down over her half of the shed and any rain always sits on her half of the roof.

Griff that's a shame about the dog. Hope you get out today supposed to be lovely. I thought I had a flag in fact know I have but cannot find it will do tomorrow I imagine. LOL

Moyra Stay well

Sue with you again, chicken in the over now smells gorgeous and I am back out into the garden

Chris Have a good day flag waving? as well as singing that was nice of him LOL

Lynn Have a good day

Losos Typewriter serviced,clean and used all good. Ribbons also ordered as well as oil.

Brenda I would not be without her royal highness but she will be my last. Look after yourself and how is your hubbys health?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2020, 11:31 AM
That's the strange thing Kaz. From what I can see out the window, on the stretch of road where our bungalow is, no one has decorated or put a flag up, so this guy must be round the corner. I think one or two younger couples live round that end so probably one of them.

Very nice though. Just something to brighten up the day
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-05-2020, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Ribbons also ordered as well as oil.

Kazz - I'm amazed you can still buy ribbons for them but it's good that you can. If you ever do decide to sell it then having some spare ribbons will make it easier to sell.

Moyra - There were three rental properties in todays BFP but none ticked any of your boxes.

Brenda - Nice to see you posting here again

Has been a lovely morning here, weekly food shop done, and doggies will get a swim this afternoon in Knettishal Park.

We observed the one minute silence and I do hope that VE Day becomes a permanent holiday I was never happy with it being a political day.

Bye for now - H
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2020, 12:25 PM
Provided it's the same as this year Harvey with May Day moved from Monday to the Friday.

Two Bank Holidays in a week would mean a lot of companies couldn't really operate for the full week
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2020, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Kazz - I'm amazed you can still buy ribbons for them but it's good that you can. If you ever do decide to sell it then having some spare ribbons will make it easier to sell.
Losos I think there is a whole underground of typewriter users never considered myself part of an underground.....LOL
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2020, 04:03 PM
Have started sorting the shed had some "wet wood hardener" first have cleaned out the wood and chiselled the old/damaged out put the wet wood hardener on mind you this was 6.30 this morning; tomorrow will start to with the wood filler. then splice in some new wood and Bobs you uncle undercoat and paint.
I know its my own lack of care for the wood that's done it but we will get it all replaced when we can next door due to her heart condition in full lockdown so this will keep us going. Its only the corners due to the way the weather comes in its been on since the 1960 when the house was built so lasted well.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >