Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 08:10 AM

Food in the offing!

Well, tiny broad beans are starting to form and some of the peas are flowering... Onions are well up....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Yum, I love garden produce!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2014, 09:44 AM
I don't grow broad beans but my runner beans are doing particularly well this year ( not sure I should say that in case the blackfly are listening )

I think there will be a nice lot of blackcurrants and gooseberries too.

There is nothing better than to pick your own produce and to eat them straight away
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I don't grow broad beans but my runner beans are doing particularly well this year ( not sure I should say that in case the blackfly are listening )

I think there will be a nice lot of blackcurrants and gooseberries too.

There is nothing better than to pick your own produce and to eat them straight away
My runners are looking good too... But the broad beans will be first; oh no the broccoli was first..

You either love broad beans or hate them..I saved a lot for family on a visit a few years ago and they hated them.... called them "funny beans"
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
My runners are looking good too... But the broad beans will be first; oh no the broccoli was first..

You either love broad beans or hate them..I saved a lot for family on a visit a few years ago and they hated them.... called them "funny beans"
Rose I like broad beans with the skin taken off and served with bacon and parsley sauce . Unfortunately I only have a small garden so am limited to how much I can grow.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Rose I like broad beans with the skin taken off and served with bacon and parsley sauce . Unfortunately I only have a small garden so am limited to how much I can grow.
lol.... but the skin is the best part! lol...when i first heard someone say they took the shells off..there would be nothing left really.. i love that strong taste and the fibrous shell..knew someone who ate the pods but that does not appeal! each to his own...