Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 05:31 PM

Dog recipes

Hey guys,

Louie's 1st birthday is in a couple of weeks and me being me and totally anthropomorphic - KW, I don't care I would like to know some healthy bake at home treats to give him, if you would like to share with me
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 05:34 PM
ive got a dog reciepe book, do you want me to see whats in it (cant say ive ever used it)
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 06:54 PM
liver cake
self-raising flour, eggs, goats milk and liver (after putting it in the blender) and a little garlic. Bake in the oven.

Liver treats
boil liver and a clove of garlic on the hob, remove the liver, dice, grill and turn until pretty dark and bubbly on the outside.

Flapjack Treats
boil some liver and then dice, set aside

soak oats in goats milk (not too much milk)
once the milk has been soaked in, mix in some honey or syrup until sticky and is basically a ball on the end of the metal spoon.

Take a cube of liver and wrap in oats, place on a baking tray/grease proof paper. Repeat until all are coated and bake in the oven.

stuffed Kong toy
Plug the small end with goats cheese (or any cheese you want really) mix up some raw mince, an egg and some broken up or grated cheese, stick a lambs rib bone through the middle until almost at the small end, pack it tight at the top with cheese or meat and then freeze upright (in a cup/tub) Serve frozen

Please note these are treats and I dont claim them to be healthy for your dog The stuffed Kong one is probably the healthiest from this list IMHO.

If you want a treat he can sit and eat then I'd go with the kong one. Or a large raw meaty bone. The others are more like little training treats really. Will be interesting to see others suggestions
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Dog recipes
Ewwww ,Try a korean site
rossi roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2011, 07:32 PM
i make tuna bread most dogs love it but not all ! 1 tin of tuna in oil , 3 eggs whisked lightly together then add enough brown S/R organic flour to make a sort of sponge consistancy ( garlic can be added if you like to use it ) place mixture into a greased glass or microwave plate microwave for 7 minutes full power cool & slice feed as required hope its appreciated
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 07:38 PM
If you want a nice little booklet with treat recipes and doggy cake recipes AND want to help a doggy cause as well, I can recommend Nowzad's Nibbles, a lovely 12 page booklet sold in aid of the dogs being rescued by the soldiers in Afghanistan. All money from the sales goes directly to the charity.

I got my copy from Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOWZADS-NIBBLE...item2a102d93b4

"Nowzad's Nibbles
Dog (& Cat) Treat Recipe Booklet
13 yummy recipes all of which have been extensively tested for taste by our
enthusiastic team of volunteers!"
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Just dug out this pic from Merlin's birthday in March:

I can give you the recipe if you would like!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks all - MM I think I will order that book