View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 06:04 PM

The reality of my dog owning life today!

We drove to a new place to walk our dogs as we finished work early and had quite a lot of daylight and a nice late afternoon for the weather.

We have been a bit worried about Rolos recall as he will ignore us in the park behind our house until we head to the gate to come in our garden then he will follow, but i have just had the best walk of our dog owning life so far.

We took some gravy bones biscuits (cos he comes to our friend for these), and headed off to this place and there were lots of close knit tree areas, big open fields and both dogs behaved themselves way beyond what we could have expected.

It was amazing to really see them happy running around together and separately in and out of the trees, fields and just having great fun, we were there about 45 minutes and Rolo recalled to us a few times during this, including coming near when called away from things, we then went back to the car and both dogs got straight into the crate after a meeting with a couple of dogs (basset griffon vendeen).

We havent had our dogs for long nearly 5 months and 1 month, but we were just so happy today and we are really looking forward to the summer!

Sorry for the ramblings but we have had a great time!!!!!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Good for Rolo. Makes such a difference to the walk if they are good so that you can relax and enjoy it as much as they do.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Sounds like a lovely walk n bet was exciting for the dogs to be in a new place too, am sure you'll have many more
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-02-2011, 06:49 PM
So glad you enjoyed your walk and istn't it just wonderful when it ends on such a positive note ?
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 07:08 PM
glad u had a nice walk, should of snapped some piccies lol
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
glad u had a nice walk, should of snapped some piccies lol
we did, my daughter was with us and she was clicking away too, will survey the damage to see if any worth posting!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Sounds lovely and yes roll on summer - I'm fed up of everything being mud splattered!
Carla0305
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Where did you go if you dont mind me asking. I'm always looking for nice new walks near (ish) by