View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Actually quite sad seeing Brown go now - he's a decent bloke with a good heart, just doesn't have the pizazz a PM needs in this day and age unfortunately.
trotsky1919
New Member!
Female 

11-05-2010, 07:37 PM
ah mr charisma finally but who takes his place thats the problem and mr darling to quote blackadder yes darling its to be hoped he goes down along with the ctaerpillar eyebrows.whatever the result well i say no more,
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Actually quite sad seeing Brown go now - he's a decent bloke with a good heart, just doesn't have the pizazz a PM needs in this day and age unfortunately.
I agree with you, Azz. I feel sad for him, too. I think he's a decent man.

My gran feels the same. She's a bit upset.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2010, 07:42 PM
I did feel sorry for him too.

I think people have forgotten he was Blairs scape goat 3 years ago.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 07:52 PM
It scares me I didn't want him in I doubt he is going to make half the changes he promised(I appreciate the same could be said for all parties). I may be proved wrong but I think its a sad day for Scotland but not only that also for British politics.

I find it hard to understand how two parties who vehemently berated most of each others policies can now come together in a stable and strong government.

I won't hold my breath for amazing change and whilst I do acknowledge that whoever took the helm was in for a very difficult job, I am not sure how this will pan out and I hope my fears are not realised
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
It scares me I didn't want him in I doubt he is going to make half the changes he promised(I appreciate the same could be said for all parties). I may be proved wrong but I think its a sad day for Scotland but not only that also for British politics.

I find it hard to understand how two parties who vehemently berated most of each others policies can now come together in a stable and strong government.

I won't hold my breath for amazing change and whilst I do acknowledge that whoever took the helm was in for a very difficult job, I am not sure how this will pan out and I hope my fears are not realised

I'm with you Lynne, it really scares me too. The Liberals HATED Tory - this is all a farce now! Sickening!

Scotland have had it. I seriously hope that the annoying DC doesn't turn out to be another Margaret Thatcher.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2010, 07:59 PM
I have too agree a frightening situation.

Lets hope it works.

Under the circumstances I would of liked too of seen another general election and the polling stations made too stay open longer as who knows what a difference those votes could of made who were not allowed to vote last week.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
He had shifty eyes..... never trust a man with shifty eyes Not to mention that awful, awful false smile!!!

The thing is, the City will prefer that DC (or the Tories say) are in, and at the end of the day, the City holds our stability, they are the key to our rise or fall, you only had to look at the way it fell when the LD's talked with the labour party to see that, so tomorrow, it will rise and settle once more which it wouldn't have done if this had gone the other way I'm sure of that.

I doubt whether we're going to see another 80's Thatcher reign with DC, and quite honestly, I doubt whether we'll even notice the initial cutbacks planned, but just you wait and see how much money they are going to save us, especially with Clegg looking over his shoulder! It's always been the same, Labour spend, spend, spend, whereas the Conservatives have a more, well, conservative approach to spending!!! Unlike me then!!!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I have too agree a frightening situation.

Lets hope it works.

Under the circumstances I would of liked too of seen another general election and the polling stations made too stay open longer as who knows what a difference those votes could of made who were not allowed to vote last week.
If they really would have made a difference (that would be talking in the 1000's in many places) then there will be hell to pay - but as angry as people are - I don't think it would have made a difference in many (if any) cases as to who was voted in locally.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
If they really would have made a difference (that would be talking in the 1000's in many places) then there will be hell to pay - but as angry as people are - I don't think it would have made a difference in many (if any) cases as to who was voted in locally.
Yes thats what Gorden said to me.

Do you know what ? At the end of the day as long as we get the jobless jobs my eldest son included in this and the education back on track, and the NHs doing what it is meant to do the crime rate down and an end to the terrorism some youngsters cause on our on our streets I will be happy. And couldn't really give a damn who does it as long as they bl**dy well do it.
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >