View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Now in theory I know how to do this.....In actual life I am not sure I can do it......What would be worse fro Fudge? Me being inexperienced and messing with her rear end or a trip to the vet which she is not keen on?

If I do decide ,I am feeling for small lumps at 5 and 7 o`clock. Warm cloth on top then feel and squeeze? Is it an outside job or can I do it in the bathroom? Will there be a skunk effect afterwards?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Think if it really noticable a trip to the vet may be in order, they could check all the nooks and cranies and either come up with an answer or put you mind at rest.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Now in theory I know how to do this.....In actual life I am not sure I can do it......What would be worse fro Fudge? Me being inexperienced and messing with her rear end or a trip to the vet which she is not keen on?

If I do decide ,I am feeling for small lumps at 5 and 7 o`clock. Warm cloth on top then feel and squeeze? Is it an outside job or can I do it in the bathroom? Will there be a skunk effect afterwards?
Rachel, you've not done this before, I would not recomend you do it yourself, either get someone who has done it to show you how or visit the vets, it's a simple procedure, it only takes a few moments to do.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Rachel, you've not done this before, I would not recomend you do it yourself, either get someone who has done it to show you how or visit the vets, it's a simple procedure, it only takes a few moments to do.
I agree. It is very easy if you know what to do, but then I've had little, non-fluffy dogs to do it to. If unsure take her to the vets for advice and get them to show you how.

I use plenty of Bounty (the paper towels not the chocolate!) then straight into the dustbin.
They'll have a quick sniff to see what you've been up to, get the hump with you for a few minutes, you give them a biscuit or choc drop and everyone's friends again.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 06:53 PM
phew, two get out clauses. I should have got Phil to do it on Monday whilst he was here....

I`ll phone the vets on Monday to get her checked. I just read up on the net and I`m glad I have been advised not to do it myself...particularly with our curry on its way.

Thanks to all who have advised I will let you know how we get on....
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-03-2008, 07:00 PM
She smells since Fingal came to visit ?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 07:24 PM
She has smelled musty for a couple of weeks on and off....I don`t think you would have noticed it as she was bathed on the Friday after her worming reaction.....
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Now in theory I know how to do this.....I am feeling for small lumps at 5 and 7 o`clock. Warm cloth on top then feel and squeeze? Is it an outside job or can I do it in the bathroom? Will there be a skunk effect afterwards?
Don't think it matters what time of day you do it Rach.

It can be niffy job though so perhaps outside is best.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Heh, always makes me snigger when someone says to me that Dougal smells really doggy. Of course he does, he's a ruddy dog!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Heh, always makes me snigger when someone says to me that Dougal smells really doggy. Of course he does, he's a ruddy dog!
Yes but some humans smell nicer than others too!!! Fudge is definately smelling doggier than normal....

I think I spoke too soon about her not licking. She seems to be turning in surprise at her rear end and giving it a good lick....Not sure if it is bum or bits though....will continue to observe. If she seems uncomfortable I will get her to the vets tomorrow.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >