register for free

Dog News

Search for Winchester matted dogs' owners

Animal welfare officers have issued an appeal to trace those responsible for nine abandoned dogs whose fur was so matted, their breed was indeterminable.

The strays - eight, one-year-old puppies and their mother - were found in different areas of Winchester, in Hampshire, on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Animal welfare officers at Winchester City Council said the dogs were "unable to see or stand properly".

The dogs are now at a Hampshire kennels where they are being looked after.

More here..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-30935487

Your comments and views:
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2015, 05:48 AM
Poor dogs. How could the owner let them get into that mess.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-01-2015, 06:07 AM
Good grief, never seen anything like it!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Those dogs are a mess. Hopefully they're doing better now.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2015, 09:41 AM
That is disgusting. If they were living feral then I cannot understand why they were allowed to get like this without being picked up ... What's the matter with dog lovers in Winchester? Hundreds of peeps must have seen them ... I would not rest if I saw a dog in this state until I had caught him and taken him to the nearest vet.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2015, 10:33 AM
I read this last night, they are in a dreadful state, poor things, so glad they were dumped in a way, at least now they are going to get the proper care and attention they should have always had. Hoping they all find wonderful families and know nothing but love and care for the rest of their lives
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Just be reading the Daily Mail report on the case of these poor dogs.If someone with half a brain cell could post the link( thanks)
Appears there are dog lovers in Winchester Gnasher,members of the public were involved in their rescue.Also pics of them after all that matted horrible mess was removed from them.Beautiful dogs,bless them.Person/people responsible are evil,no other excuse for that!!
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Absolutely disgusting! Even if you can't afford to take a poodle to the groomers you can always keep its coat trimmed with a pair of scissors!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Finally found the Daily Mail link Eileen, this is the one I saw last night http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...able-dogs.html
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Thanks TW xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top