Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 06:04 PM

Feeding border collie!

Ok, as you know I'm looking after my sisters 14 week old border collie, I asked what she was feeding her and she said all she gives her PER DAY is one tin of pedigree chum puppy (as per breeders instructions) .........no mixer or complete. She asked if I could get her on something more filling as she's always hungry, which is not surprising!! She said she had tried her on a dry food but she was sick straight afterwards.

Any suggestions on what she should be on, quantity wise, if I get say pedigree puppy complete??

When she arrived she ran straight out into my kitchen and ate all of Lily's Burns Mini-bites, then started on Rosie's adult food, so she's obviously very hungry!

I know I can't do it all in 7 days, but I can make a start for her.

Any suggestions please.

Thanks
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 06:22 PM
hmm, when i first got indie she was on pedigree chum puppy , the sachets. She would have half of a sachet per meal and would have 4 meals. Not sure how big the tins are, wot do the instructions say? as she got older she would have 3 sachets in the day spread out over 2 meals.

isnt pedigree puppy a complete food, so wouldnt need a mixer?

dont kno wot to suggest, cept maybe start changing her over to the dry food you use for lily.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 06:39 PM
CC is the one tine split into three or four meals a day? and is it a big tine or a little one
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 06:51 PM
It's one 400grm tin split into 3 meals, no mixer added, just the tinned meat..........it just doesn't seem enough to me?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Holy cow, that does not sound as nearly enough..... Poor ickle thing

I would switch her over on dry food. Some puppy food of sorts...

But then that's cos I would never feed canned dogfood...
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 07:17 PM
how long have you got her for CC?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Only a week poor little thing, the breeder didn't tell her about worming either, so that was the first thing I did when she arrived today!

She does seem extra hyper, is that normal for a border collie?? or do you think she just needs more to eat? she is like a complete loony!!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Most Border Collies are loony, I have had three and they are totally mental. I told you she would be a handfull. Ask Snorri, There are only two speeds they go, and that is fast and faster

On the subject of feeding, all of our BC's have eaten very little, at the moment Blackie a BC only has a small tray of Ceasar and a few treats a day and that's it, they don't appear to eat that much in my opinion anyway.

Ian
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2005, 09:09 PM
I agree, our two are nuts ...and they do eat very little.....especially
when compared to our Lab and Rottie
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Hi Mand,

I am pleased if you know what I mean that someone elses BC's don't eat much, I am always worried in case he isn't getting enough. Such big strong dogs and they eat so little

Ian
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >