Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
doglover10398
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2018, 09:03 PM

a job for my dog

hi i have a german sheperd and a lab and i would like to give them a job to do so they are not so bored after play time. what re some jobs for that thanks
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2018, 08:38 AM
I would have thought after play time they would want to sleep. But you could always teach them to put their toys away. One of my daughters collies was taught to put her toys away after playtime. She even knew each toy by name and colour.
doglover10398
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2018, 03:34 PM
thank you that sounds like fun
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2018, 05:58 PM
My Beagle boy picks up all kinds of items - including their food dishes - from the floor. He takes the cardboard and plastic out for recycling, will search for lost items, (they may not have always been lost, but he gets rewarded for finding them anyway), and goes to 'tell' his Dad when he is needed in the house. He will help to empty the washing machine if the tangles are not too great, and loves nothing more than to be given a job.
Her ladyship, on the other hand, does absolutely nothing.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2018, 07:57 AM
Laughed myself silly with the concept of Ben helping!! He considered his role in life to be making as much mess as possible inside and out!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2018, 11:38 AM
GSDs and Labs both love to use their nose. You could teach some simple scentwork exercises - find a favourite toy around the house or garden, search for kibble in the long grass around the garden etc.