Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 08:41 PM

Questions about the different classes in shows

I am thinking of Ishkas first show being the lichfield canine societys open show on the 28th Jan. She will be just under 7 calender months. There are some classes on the schedule that seem interesting but I dont know what they are...

First of all I intend to enter her in both the junior and open classes (I dont think there is an age limit on the open class but if im wrong please someone enlighten me )

The other class for Bassets is Post Graduate, Ive read the rules but am still not quite clear what they are for this class...is it for dogs who havnt won anything before?

The other thing there is an A.V part of the show called "the millionaire stakes" Anyone know what this is all about. Oh and what are Handling classes, what do you do???

Sorry for all the questions Im a total newbie this would be my first show too. I just want to learn
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
I am thinking of Ishkas first show being the lichfield canine societys open show on the 28th Jan. She will be just under 7 calender months. There are some classes on the schedule that seem interesting but I dont know what they are...

First of all I intend to enter her in both the junior and open classes (I dont think there is an age limit on the open class but if im wrong please someone enlighten me )

The other class for Bassets is Post Graduate, Ive read the rules but am still not quite clear what they are for this class...is it for dogs who havnt won anything before?

The other thing there is an A.V part of the show called "the millionaire stakes" Anyone know what this is all about. Oh and what are Handling classes, what do you do???

Sorry for all the questions Im a total newbie this would be my first show too. I just want to learn
First is there a puppy class if there is you need to go in it, if not just go in junior as open will have older dogs who have won cc's. PG is for dogs who are too old to be shown in puppy or junior or who havent won enough classes to have won there way out.
If you do go in junior and dont win but get placed make sure the dogs placed before you are over 12 months if they are you can still go in puppy group.
Hope that makes sense not really good at explaining.
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Just enter the junior class if there is no minor puppy or puppy class. You could enter an AVH junior puppy or puppy if there is one. Leave post grad and open classes to the bigger guys.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Yep no puppy class just juniour. There is puppy class for some breeds not Bassets though boo. Its only a pound after the first class so didnt know whether it would be worth her entering in the open for the experience even if she is unlikely to win.
Thanks
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Personally I wouldnt but if you think you need practise PG is better than open x
Mica
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2011, 09:18 PM
just go in the junior class.. it really would be unfair to expect ur puppy to compete against the big guys in open, which is.. as it suggest open to all ages.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mica View Post
just go in the junior class.. it really would be unfair to expect ur puppy to compete against the big guys in open, which is.. as it suggest open to all ages.
lol I doubt she will know if I have any expectations, she just needs to stand there and look pretty.

Ok i will just do the junior for the breed and maybe the A.V puppy....
Mica
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-08-2011, 09:40 PM
av puppy is good. good luck, I hope you enjoy it!
jules880
New Member!
Female 

15-09-2011, 02:32 PM
good luck in your first show, just remember to enjoy it
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Dont put a puppy in open. It will be competing against adult mature dogs that may have done a considerable amount of winning. Always keep them in "age" classes if there are any.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >