View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 09:12 AM

You know that heart-stopping moment when you realise you`re a dog short?

I fed & sorted the dogs then wandered off to get myself presentable...
Then on coming downstairs had a nagging feeling something was wrong.
No Bran. (My Greek Oldie)
Had I left him outside? No. Front Garden? No (He goes out for his wees in the front garden first thing because it`s quicker and he`s an old dog. ) No. And the gate was shut.
I searched the house. No.
The Garden. Again. No.
I took to running up and down the street accosting passers by - have you seen a short fat white dog that falls over a lot? No.
Asked the neighbours. No.
argggggggggggggggggggggggggggh!
I was just about to call the police because obviously he`d been stolen since the gate was closed so he couldn`t have got out, when Daisy looked at me, bounced down the end of the back garden and stuck her nose under a table.
Sure enough - under the table I keep my spare pots and stuff on, in a hole that was deep enough to fit a family of badgers was a little fat white dog, wedged solid.
I shifted all the spades, pots etc etc and hoicked him out, unrepentant and unconcerned about ggiving his mummy ulcers.
ruddy dogs.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 09:44 AM
LOL---I spent an evening with flashlights looking for small dog Coo---and found her in the wardrobe!

Its awful!

rune
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2011, 09:52 AM
did that once at the inlaws. Couldn't find the JRT. In the end found her in the chicken house - had shut her in there in my haste to get the bloody birds put away for the night! Good job she doesn't see the chooks as food..
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Came home with armfuls of shopping.. My then other half (no longer) who had been home all day was playing a computer game and wouldn't stop to help me get bags in from the car until he "Had reached a save point"... Grrrr.. So in a stress and a huff I lugged all of the shopping bags in from the car and put everything away, then had a massive argument....

That must have been about 3... At 7 I fed the dogs.. No Pharaoh. I called... No Pharaoh... I searched upstairs, he hates arguments and hides under the bed.. no pharaoh.. when he's really scared he'll hide down the bottom of the garden, so armed with a torch we headed down the garden.. no Pharaoh... We searched the house top to bottom... But still no Pharaoh

Nothing more to do, you have to start running up and down the street don't you.. I opened the front door.. there curled up in the porch, freezing cold, was poor Pharaoh.. He must have got out the front door when I was getting the shopping and I just didn't notice in my stress... He got special hugs and cuddles that night and had a night in my bed while OH was sent to the sofa.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Oh dear Claire - it's like when someone comes in from outside at night and can't see Louie cos of his chocolately goodness and they think he's come in and shut the door on him, the other night he was out there from 11 - 12 before anyone heard him I thought he was asleep on the landing

Glad you didn't call the police - I could just imagine your face when they found him under your table
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 11:03 AM
That happened to me early hours of this morning. At 4.20 a.m. Jasmine the Saluki wanted to go out for a wee so of course Meggie the staffie also went. Meggie came back in after a few moments but Jasmine was taking her time (very unusual). Made myself a cup of tea, still no Jasmine. Went to see if she had sneaked into her bed but no, put on dressing gown and went round the garden with a torch, no sign. Did another search of the house - no sign. Went into the garden again looking under shrubs, behind bushes but no luck.

Left back door open and with Meggie got in car to go and search (me still in pyjamas). Had only driven about 50 yards and there she was tripping back home. The relief was enormous but my goodness I was so cross. I think there must have been a cat in the garden and she had gone off in hot pursuit. My fault also as hadn't closed the gate although she could sprint it if she really wanted to.
Never gone out of garden on her own before as she is very timid. Couldn't get back to sleep as then I started thinking of all the things that could have happened but thank God I don't live near a main road.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Blimey, that is just the worst feeling! Glad Bran was found safe and well!! I lost Tilly on a sponsored walk last year. We'd all walked down a narrow path and she must have stopped for a sniff. When we reached the end and headed off through the trees, I looked around and there was no sign of her. I called and called but she didnt appear. Walked back to the path and some people said a little brown dog had just passed them going in the opposite direction. I finally caught sight of her, running through a field the way we had come. I shouted her name and she stopped dead in her tracks then raced across the field to me, looking even more relieved than I was! I think she'd lost me in the crowd, panicked and decided to retrace her steps. Heart in the mouth or what!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Good grief.....

They sure know how to scare us witless at times, bless
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:27 PM
OMG, I panic if i cant find mine in a small garden that i know there is no way he cant get out of! What a nightmare, glad all found safe and well!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Oh they know how to scare us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >