Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zimble
New Member!

17-04-2005, 12:04 AM

Shedding

Hello

Our
dog is shedding hair a lot. Any idea on how to control it? He is brushed every day, has good exercise. Hour in morning, hour at night, playtime in afternoon. He sheds so much we wonder he does not go bald. Even if he brushes past you, your clothes are covered in his hair. His coat is shiny and he is healthy. Vet says there is nothing wrong with him. we have never had a dog shed this much.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2005, 12:07 AM
What sort of dog is he? Many dogs shed at this time of year, getting rid of their winter coat. Woody's shedding like it's going out of fashion!!
nichola
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Yes i have a Lhasa Apso it is said that they shed little or no hair that is not the case with her, someone told me to bath her once a week while in the bath condition her coat then comb through to get rid of hair that seems to work ok but people don't like to bath their dogs that often but she is little and i use a proper dog shampoo and conditioner. My aunt has a white GSD and she sheds like mad but sometimes its just something you have to live with im afraid. I hope someone has some better advice for you.
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2005, 05:40 AM
It's something that happends, they will just "blow" all their coat littarly. the weather is warming very quickly so the dogs need to get rid of a large winter coat they grew for the cold winter! Brush daily taking all the coat out. If your bitch does go bald (I'm taking no coat at all) in areas then ask your vet further, however I would say with the timing of year it's just change of coat season. I have many dogs lossing their coats in time for club show!!!!
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2005, 08:19 AM
geeez, tell me about it

I call my German Shepherd the German Shedder - I totally fill up my dyson daily with dog hair LOL
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Me too all my roughs have decided it time for a change of coat. :smt058