Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
A blade???? Nah, better not then!!!!

I once bought an attachment to the hoover, it was pale blue, can't remember what it was called but it was about £50, and I never used it coz I couldn't fit it on the Dyson handle!!!! Think it got binned! I was doing it as instructed too, coz I eventually had to enlist the help of Dave and he couldn't manage it either, so don't whatever you do, buy one of those, whatever they're called!
Although it is a blade it is covered, Don't ask me how it works but it does.
Watch the videos on the website.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Wow, all that hair Loki's Mum!!!! It certainly looks a brilliant tool. I wonder if it's the same as a tool I used to use to strip my horse's mane then??? That had a razor blade inside and I think it was called a thinning combe? Probably similar. I might well order one of those too then, it certainly does the job!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Same as Elaine, once a week for three weeks or so, then I don't have to do him for ages. It really makes a difference to the shedding on my clothes etc. I don't have to look like a Yeti all the time.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Wow, all that hair Loki's Mum!!!! It certainly looks a brilliant tool. I wonder if it's the same as a tool I used to use to strip my horse's mane then??? That had a razor blade inside and I think it was called a thinning combe? Probably similar. I might well order one of those too then, it certainly does the job!
Not sure if it works the same way as a thinning comb, as I've never used one. They're really good though. Best tool I've ever used and Loki looks so much happier when all the fluff is gone.

That fluff took about ten minutes. You are supposed to do it for twenty, but Rio kept jumping on him, so we called it a day.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I used it once a week for three weeks, Ben is smooth coat. But if yours is a rough then do it for longer. Then when your not getting much out maybe once a month. They really are worth their weight in gold.

Ps I bought mine from Jolleys Pet shop, they were selling for for £10 off, still £24 mind you.
Watch the video's on the website. It is really easy to use. Short strokes. Dont use it like a comb (that is all the way along to dogs back).
Elaine xx
I watched the demo, got mine for £20 inc postage off ebay. Fly is a smooth coat, It's worth the money if it stop the hair getting every where! I have to use a roller on my clothes every morning for work but still there's hair all over my chair ! And our bedroom is meant to be blue but is currently white/grey! So if it works it will be well worth the money
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
I watched the demo, got mine for £20 inc postage off ebay. Fly is a smooth coat, It's worth the money if it stop the hair getting every where! I have to use a roller on my clothes every morning for work but still there's hair all over my chair ! And our bedroom is meant to be blue but is currently white/grey! So if it works it will be well worth the money
You won't be disapointed...Let me know how you get on and post some pics of before and after
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2008, 06:51 PM
will do
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2008, 08:56 AM
I am going to get one of these as Katies hair is all over the place and the brush and comb just doesn't get her hair out.
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2008, 07:18 PM
I got mine from net pet shop large was 22.99 next day delivery so medium and small are under £20. I love mine best buy so far along with dogmatics
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2008, 04:54 PM
The furminator does not have a blade in it, the teeth are just designed in such a way that they grab the undercoat. Before they were 'invented' groomers just ran an old blunt blade through the coat, or a strripping knife (blunted). They are very good, BUT do NOT apply too much pressure or else you can scratch the skin badly. I have had customers come in who have done this to their dog. It also has to be used on a dry and knot free coat. This is VERY important
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >