Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2005, 08:56 PM

sore

hi all- me again!!! just been playing with otis and just noticed a sore on his leg. its on the underside of his from left leg right by the joint. Its about the size of a ten pence piece and is round and very sore looking. its not weeping but does seem to be raised slightly. It doesnt seem to be hurting him too much but its just worrying when you see something that wasnt there earlier.
I dont know what it is, maybe he grazed it becase he has been going mental tonight. Shall i just bathe it in salt water or put this stuff on it that the vet gave me to treat the sore areas when he had ticks. I cant remember the name of it, looks like water but think its called 'hib....' something- i cant remember. when would you go to the vets about it?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-04-2005, 08:59 PM
poor Otis I would keep it clean and if it does not improve within a day or so I would go to the vet.

Does Otis wear a harness? Star had a sore like that the first time I walked her with her harness on.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2005, 09:04 PM
no harness yet. only just mastering the art of walking round the block!!! (and thats with him sitting and being stubburn most of the time!!)
Carole
Supervisor

25-04-2005, 09:07 PM
hopefully its just a graze then.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by otis
Shall i just bathe it in salt water or put this stuff on it that the vet gave me to treat the sore areas when he had ticks. I cant remember the name of it, looks like water but think its called 'hib....' something- i cant remember. when would you go to the vets about it?
Hibiscrub
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2005, 09:14 PM
yeah - thats it!!! what is it? can i use it on the sore?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

25-04-2005, 09:48 PM
If it is round, shiny, and raised, it could be a histiocytoma.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-04-2005, 10:45 PM
*Goes away to do a google on histiowhatsit*

Ah, that's what Jake's got! (Probably) We're off to the vet on Friday to check out a reddish lump that's suddenly appeared on his chest. He doesn't seem to find it painful, as he'll let me prod it about fairly vigourously. (It moves about with his skin.)

There's no way it's a graze or anything, looks more like an insect bite, but hasn't changed size in the best part of a week...
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered

25-04-2005, 11:13 PM
My bitch has has 3 histiocytomas. The first one was surgically removed and tested. The others just disappeared of their own accord after a few weeks. They are benign tumours, nothing to worry about, but just as well to get them checked & confirmed by the vet.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2005, 07:55 AM
i just done a search on the tumour thingys, and otis' red sore doesn't look like those yet. Last night i bathed it with salt water and this morning it looked like it had started to scab over, but then i saw another one exactly the same on the opposite front leg. Now i am worrying because i dont know how he is getting these. Maybe i will give it a couple of days and see how they go. If no improvement will take him to the vets.

Its our second puppy class tonight so i hope he is on his best behaviour!!!!

jodie x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >