register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-04-2005, 05:44 AM
Yep agree with s/boxer they do have a shelf life & think they have a sell by date on them here.
What about storage bins from garden centres/grain stores, we use them for our chicken & goat grains/beans there are different sizes?
Christine.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2005, 07:07 AM
i use them bins which you put the lid on and they got to metal clips on either side you just lift up to the brim and lock and when you open you just pull the clips down i use them for everything flour salt dog food
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi Tuti bearing in mind Archie is only a little dog and does not eat large amounts at a time, I would be more inclined to buy small amounts, that way it should be fresher. As the others have said once a food is open and the air gets to it will start do deteriorate to some extent particularly the organic/holistic foods which do not contain all the preservatives and additives .
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Wilkinsons , do and yes they do have the wine barrels................. I use a dustbin for my gangs food.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2