Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2005, 05:54 AM

sore eye

hello - just a quickie. i think otis has scratced the outside of his eye because it seems really red and a bit sore. Is there anything else i can do other than bath it with warm water?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-04-2005, 07:17 AM
Hi Otis, I think I would go to the vet if the eye is no better by Monday just to be on the safe side. In could be conjunctivitis and may need some cream. Until then I would continue to bathe it in a mild saline solution ...boiled cooled water with a teaspoon of salt/pint of water ,this is mildly antiseptic and what my vet always advises for eye problems . I hope Otis will be better soon.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2005, 07:48 AM
thanks mini will try addind a little sore. I think it is ok and not conjunctavitis, but i will keep an eye (ha ha ) on it. Its hard to tell because otis is white even the smallest pink mark looks bright red on him!! it doesnt seem to be bothering him so hopefully its me just worrying again

jodie xx
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 08:27 PM
I would take him to the vets just in case, he might need some eye drops to clear up any infection.
julieiito
New Member!

26-04-2005, 11:50 AM
OMG Eye problems! my dog Ito gets quite alot of Conjunctivitis, Cornea is red and green matter looks bad in the mornings the best thing I have done is use an Eye Cleaner by Leo use as much as much as 4 times a day, and use FUCITHALMIC cream from my vet just twice a day and it soon clears up.
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Poor Otis, really in the wars at the mo
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Storm has eye probs at the start of spring. I bath her eyes with a used tea bag (not one that been used for tea with milk and sugar) Then she has Maxitrol eye drops from the vets.
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Yes, Chamomile tea bags work wonders.