Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Well heres the update so to speak.

I called the vets this morning and they were still waiting for test results form the 1st vets that should of been back by 6pm last night. By 11am my vet called to say that they were STILL waiting for the resuts so i told them to just go ahead and do the bloods agian as theres an on site lab there which they were happy to do. Sadly its not looking good for Dizzy, this morning shes passing blood from both ends and looking really ill. Shes still on a drip and in intensive care with a barrier nurse with her 24h a day. They have decided not to do the blood transfustion as shes so ill. The vet is working on the idea that it is Lepto. They are annoyed that the 1st vet didnt treat it as Lepto right away as that is what its looked like right from the start.

Dizzy (wel all the x breeds that arent injected) dont go for walks as they have always been frightend of the road (live on main road) but they do have a large back garden to play in. The vet thinks that one of my dogs (who are injected) has been for a walk walked in somthing carrying Lepto such as Rat pee, come in played with Dizzy as she loves my boys and theyh have passed it to her. If that is the case we have been VERY lucky its not been passed to the other dogs shes with.

I have again bleached eveywhere Dizzy has peed (had 2 accidents in house so house stinks of bleach) as advised by my vet, all cloths that we had on last night have been boiled in the washer just incase.

I have been on to my FIL to get his dogs in injected but he didnt see the point as they dont go out, he has now just asked me to book them in with my vets. SO thats tomorrow from 6.20pm all for there injections.

I will let you know if we get any more news on DIzzy
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Oh Im so sorry to hear this about Dizzy. Give her all my love!
Meg
Supervisor

21-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Enerosar so sorry to hear about Dizzy..is this what you mean? This is taken from a post Jackie very kindly put in the members section ..not sure if it is what you are looking for...I do hope dizzy will be better soon

Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

21-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Enerosar...

Sorry to hear about you troubles with Dizzy.......(((((xxx))))) i hope she pulls thru...

thinking about you and Dizzy (((((xx)))))
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Thinking of you and Dizzy! Keeping fingers and paws crossed here (((hugs)))
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Hi Enerosa. I'm so sorry for you that it is not such good news, but like I said with mine, please keep positive as my vet kept telling me every day "the dog should be dead" and she pulled through! She was still bleeding 3 days into being on a drip given massive amounts of antibiotics! I am still keeping everything crossed for her recovery please God, take care.

I will mention here that Detol do a spray called Dettox which I used extensively around my house which is supposed to kill just about everything including virus's it says, like the bleach, but of course you can spray a room with it, leavethe door shut and it should do the trick. I haven't had any for about 5 yrs. but I'm sure I have still seen it around, and there is another one which even kills E-Coli that they do in a can Dettol Mountain Air.
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks Minihaha that was what i ment.
I have used that Detox before and it very good, i must get some more.

Sadly at 2pm my vet called me to say that Dizzys' bloods had come back and it was looking really bad, she had what we called Evens syndrome (sim to AID i think) the vet did another blood test and put it through the machine the machine couldnt even pick up any red blood cells. Dizzy was getting worse by the moment, her tail wasnt wagging anymore and shes such a happy dog, the vet said she was giving up and fast.

She called me to ask if i they could pts we agreed as they couldnt do anything for her. We were advised not to see her as she was so ill and the vet wanted us to remember her how she was.

We are all very sad about this as Dizzy was only 3yr old, all the other dogs are missing her greatly so we have to keep an eye on them now.

We did everything poss for Dizzy there was nothing we could of done to prevent this or help her more.

Thanks for all your good wishes on Dizzy.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2005, 08:01 PM

so sad for you.
Carole
Supervisor

21-04-2005, 08:07 PM
so sorry to hear about Dizzy
Annie18
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Very sorry to hear your sad news. You did all that you possibly could.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >