Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2019, 06:43 AM

Daily Chat Sunday 15th December

Good morning everyone

Hope all poorlies are feeling better. Hugs to you Griff and hope you don't feel too bad

Very dark out there at the moment an has been trying to rain. Hope it holds off as I want to try and hoover up some leavers which should then herald the end of them.

Have a good day everyone
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2019, 08:13 AM
Good morning Sue and those that are to follow. I too hope our under the weather friends are feeling better as to their four legged friends also.

Have a good day everyone, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2019, 08:32 AM
Morning Sue and Moyra and all to come. Have left a post on yesterdays thread. Never know whether to leave one on there as replying to Chris or start a new answer on here. But hey I have done it now. Hope you all have a good day. Must ring the hospital and hope that I get someone with an accent that I can understand.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2019, 08:57 AM
Good morning all.

A lovely night out last night and like you

Sue going out for the hopefully last few leaves today. Giving my dilemma a good thinking about too. Your new trees look good.

Brenda I mean a nursing home as opposed to care home thy use it in Birmingham/Sandwell anyhow as a stepping stone to recovery as they are then assessing in a home type environment. My Uncle (who went into one) and Aunt (who found it very beneficial and reassuring) may be worth enquiring my cousin enquired for my uncle (her Dad) following a neighbour in a almost duplicate scenario to yours constant UTI's and then an "escape" and fall. Your travel may be less than you think but equally you
can phone daily too. A big upheaval and worry regardless for both of you. But you need him to be safe and for you to be able to not be on edge.

Moyra Good morning to you hope you are feeling better since the antibiotics.

Chris Have a good day and hope all is well.

Griff
As always "Hello"
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Good afternoon everyone. It's very cold here but bright with a breeze.
It chucked it down through the night and was very windy.
Good job gorden got the storm braces on the cabin last week so the roof stayed on.
He is busy giving walls and floor a 2nd coat and ceiling a 1st coat today he run out of light yesterday. He will 2nd coat the ceiling Tuesday and while that's drying we can start moving the dining table and dresser in, outside then can be painted with 2 coats.
Getting there slowly. We can both be painting outside so it's quicker.

Sue glad you didn't have an accident with the tyre.
Kazz glad you enjoyed your meal and hope you don't find the mulling over to confusing.
griff hope you're feeling better today.
brenda hoping getting the right care for OH doesn't become to stressful and that they deliver what suits you both.

Everyone else hope you are all well and all four legged friends are to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Good afternoon all.

A bright and sunny, albeit cold, morning here. Perfect for what we do.

Brenda, I think a lot of us click on 'new posts' so no matter where you reply, we know there has been activity on any given thread.

I hope they do come up with a good solution that suits you both.

Good luck with the painting Lynn and good luck with thawing out your hand enough to get the paint brush out of it when you finish

Hope all our poorlys are feeling a bit better today x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Afternoon all, I have been taking some anti inflammatory that I am not supposed to take so the pain is a bit easier
Had a bit of a nightmare, my uncle is housed by the council in a hotel, I rung to see if he was still there...I didn't want to have to go all the way over for nothing...so I gave his name and room number to be told they couldn't tell me if he was still there, I explained that he was a council client and gave his proper name and room number. Anyway, we went over....asked for him at the desk and the woman again wouldn't tell us if he stayed there...so we went and knocked on his room, no answer so I have had to leave a note with my phone number... didn't want him to have my number but no choice really as it's so far away I can't keep travelling on the off chance he is there.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2019, 03:49 PM
That's a pain griff I kind of understand for safety reasons but if you had ID and gave your details cannot see the problem. Best you can do.
Did parcelforce pick up your parcel in the end ?

Managed to get some of the outside of the cabin painted this afternoon bit less to do in the week.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Nope Lynn, they never came!! It's booked via parcels 2go and to be honest...they are crap, I have no idea why mum keeps booking with them...cost I suppose. Mum has rebooked it for collection tomorrow.
Supposed to be out for lunch tomorrow with all the ladies, hopefully the food is o.k this time!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2019, 04:32 PM
Hope it's picked up tomorrow then.
Enjoy lunch.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >