Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 06:05 AM

Daily Chat Wednesday 15th May

Good morning everyone

Sorry to read about you husband Chris. He is in the right place so hopefully he got his scan last night and treatment can begin and it is nothing serious.

Hope solicitor is able to proceed without having to send everything to the insurance company Griff. They really are a nightmare and idiots too, neighbours that is.

Lovely morning here. Washing already out. Only plan today is gardening

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 07:47 AM
Morning all. Sorry I wasnt around yesterday, I went shopping with my Niece. I was quite pleased with myself because I was able to walk all around our new large Lidl store. I was so tired after though and fit for nothing.

Chris, I do hope hubby there is good news on your hubby today. I'm thinking of you both.

My plan today is to sort out my wardrobe and then do some gardening. Haha this entails weeding the pots and containers. Thats as much as I am able to do these days.

Anyway the sun is shining so I will make the most of it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 07:50 AM
Morning Sue and everyone who follows.

My plan for the day is the garden so ditto Sue. I am slightly behind you as in the washing is just finishing.....LOL.

Chris - I hope your husband has some news via the scan and he is feeling a bit better. Scary being in hospital and hope you can get over to see him. How is Gary taking this?

Nippy you snuck in there then. Sounds like a great day yesterday sometimes its good to do something you did not expect to like the wander round the shops. I have to clear out wardrobes too should get round to it but the garden keeps calling me...……….
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Good morning all.

They moved him up onto a ward last night and didn't get to the scan - I thought there may be problems with the number waiting for them. He's going for it at 2.30 pm today.

He sounds just the same (I was hoping for miracles with the antibiotics).

I'm taking Gary through with me this afternoon. Thankfully, so far, Gary is OK with it. Fortunately, he'd just snapped out of his really down mood.

I've got offers of help coming out of my ears, but, for now, it's less trouble coping on my own than having anyone over to stay. They are all on standby though in case it gets too complicated here
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Chris I am thinking of you, worrying enough but with Gary's problems... even more difficult ((hugs))
Nippy, pleased you had a nice day
Sue and Kazz, come and do my garden please!!
I need to get on painting my panels ready for Monday.
I had a brain wave last night, when the drive was divided, there must have been easements put in place because of situations like ours, so I emailed the council department that deals with it and the lady emailed back this morning saying she is going to look into it, if this is what I saw before it clearly outlined where they have access
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-05-2019, 08:48 AM
Good morning all so far and those still to come.
Beautiful sunny day again here, was yesterday to and Beth came for lunch and we sat out from just gone 10 till nearly 10 to 3 when she left to collect the children.

I did pop in yesterday to send Chris my good wishes fingers crossed for good news to day for you all.
Kazz you sound little brighter today.
Jenny so glad you got out and managed a walk round Lidl, don't overdo the pot weeding today.
griff that's a good idea, that's exactly what we had an easement over Paul and Beth's drive. So frustrating for them as they owned it but had to allow us access and couldn't do anything to change that.
She was saying yesterday Holly isn't very friendly at all apparently suffers from anxiety.
Dale chats Holly walks off so Beth has given up stretching the friend of hand ship she said if she ever needs help we will but I am not going out of my way anymore.
Dale has moved or got rid of the greenhouse the huge sycamore tree has gone and they have built a garage where we use to park left a tight turn to get in but got it on there nonetheless.
We now think that's why they put the objection in re: access road before they had even moved in.
Poor neighbour has tried to buy the bungalow that backs onto his land without much success as the owner won't sell to him so his plans and Paul and Beth's of getting the drive and being able to go out sideways is definitely dead in the water.
Not sure what poor Gordon has done to the residents of the village but none seem willing to help.

Hope all and four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Morning all, my thoughts and good wishes go to you Chris and your family. I to have been weeding. Now resting as back said stop. Off to have a cappuccino and to read for a bit so that it recovers. Take it easy peeps in the garden. Have a great day in the sun.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 10:16 AM
What a lovely chatty thread today.

Been out with Gert and had a lovely walk finally 95% got the hang of the ball chucker she adores it - well she does now I don't short throw the ball with chucker and smack her on the head. Perseverance was the key. LOL

Out into the back garden now I think. Washing on the line and drying beautifully; have cleaned the upstairs windows inside and windowsill's outside as well. Going to look into one of those DIY extendable washers for windows.

My friend yesterday filled in paperwork for a flat she viewed Monday evening lovely apparently. So fingers crossed. So far appears to be 9 of us going to Warner's should be good.

Have decided to make a concerted effort to be more upbeat. So walked to Sainsburys/Argos this morning rather than drive and have brought myself an insulated shopping trolley so I can do a daily walk over there rather than the car fresh air and chatting. Also brought bacon and loaf of bread.

Chris seems like he is staying in and I agree sometimes organising the help offered is more trouble than to do it yourself. Best wishes from here and glad Gary is on an up at the moment makes things easier I suspect.

Lynn lovely to hear from you. You too seem happier than you were.

Griff Good idea.

See you all later people garden here I come.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-05-2019, 10:41 AM
Hi Kazz yes feeling in a better mood again.

Bit worried about big bro though he went over to Essex Monday to tidy the graves. On the way back we usually take the A11 towards the 142 Ely he turns off at Queen adelaide and we continue over the bypass at Ely towards March well anyway his route was congested so he continued further towards Thetford to back track and there is a horrible roundabout called Barton Mills (fiveways) Harvey may well know it.
Michael got in the lane he needed then he heard a muffled bang and ended up on the grass verge.
A huge lorry with a huge trailer caught him and pushed 1/2 mile down the road.
He is shaken as am I and my niece. He has driven since he has hired a car while his is being assessed as write off or repairable. Being picked up today he drove from kings Lynn to Downham yesterday and said he felt ok.
So now it is who was in the wrong.
It is a Polish lorry and driver and codriver one spoke no English the other very little.
At least he is alive he thought his time had come.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 01:07 PM
I have made an error... decided I was just painting the side of the panels that were going to face my garden, I didn't realize they were slightly different so need to paint 2 extra sides...dog
Lynn, I hope your brother is o.k, I hear a lot about foreign lorries and accidents...I think k it's something to do with blind spots
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >