Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2017, 08:05 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 15th December

Good Morning all, feet still bad this morning must be the diabetes, at least I can get the new shoes on!

Hope everyone is ok this morning, do take care of yourselves and your four legged friends, God bless.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Lynn, hope Gill and Peter are more comfortable today and Dillon is ok. Griff hope you are feeling better now.

Kazz, Sue, Barry, Brenda, Norma, Eileen, Jenny and June hope you are all ok and all those not mentioned too. Have a good day all, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2017, 09:19 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Good news that the new shoes are comfortable Moyra but hope the feet improve soon

Oh dear poor Gill. Not ideal she should be home. before the stair lift but perhaps now she has been in hospital because of a fall they might get it done quicker. Lovely arrangements Lynn they will look very nice on the graves.

Hope you feel better this morning Griff. Perhaps because your mum is very worried she might be grumpier than usual. Hugs to you.

Sorry the news was not good Harvey about Casey gentle hugs to the poor lad.

Overnight rain and black ice everywhere so a very careful walk has been done. Was going to clear the leaves from the flower beds but too wet for that so will find something indoors to do.

Hve a good day and stay safe and warm
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Kazz, just noticed you asked about my special shoes. They are from JD Williams item EG364 They are brilliant as they open right out and have two straps that you can adjust across both feet. They are called Cosy feet and certainly are. If only your feet didn't hurt!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Glad the shoes are comfy Moyra hope the feet feel better soon.
Goodness Sue that sounded like a tricky walk glad your back safe.

Thank you for all the nice comments about the arrangements. I was pleased with them.

Sue we hope Gill tows the line now instead of insisting she can do this she can do that which she clearly can't. I feel Peter is in for a nother rough road ahead with her as she is becoming so much like mum was and I remember Gill getting so frustrated with her and trying to make her see how much hard work she created.
I suppose the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as they say.

I have to run the hoover round pop to the shops post cards and the parcel will be arriving between 6 & 7 tonight so a late one for the poor delivery driver.

I hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Well today started off well Peter called to say the man from the service dept., at the council rang stairlift approved and the installer will be ringing to inform of installation. So fingers crossed before christmas and Gill will not have to struggle to long when she gets home without it.

Then it all went horribly wrong and I feel wretched.
I was in Lidl shopping had been texting Gill back and forth then get a text about her coming home doctor needs the bed they want her out can you come and get me. She sent it to me instead of Peter.
I thought oh no her care package as far as i am aware isn't in place yet and she is coming home Monday anyway.
Just get in Peter phones Gill will be getting in touch asking if you or Michael can take her for a few days starting tomorrow.
Please say no as she needs the care package. If she came to either of us Queens at Romford would wash their hands of her while here and would not give her the care package we know this from when Michael took mum then she fell and had to go into Kings Lynn hospital to recover.
Next thing I receive a text from Gill asking so tried phoning her without success and left a message.
Minutes later she rings is Michael with me. No then she starts getting all agitated Peter won't pick her up she is strong enough to go home he keeps complaining about his back can i come to you or Michael. I have nowhere for her to sleep downstairs and she wouldn't manage my stairs. I tried to explain about the care package but she kept saying no it will only be for a few days. I explained again it doesn't matter they won't give it to you if you come to us regardless if it's for a few days or not.
She kept saying I can't do anymore my end I said no you don't have to Neill (their son) is sorting that for you and he will be in tomorrow to visit.

She got so agitated I feel awful having to say no.
The hospital rang Neill and he has asked them to explain to Gill that they might of said she is strong enough now to return home but that didn't mean today or tomorrow it means Monday if the care package is in place or possibly Tuesday. The social worker has to assess her yet.

it was deja vu today she sounded just like mum use to get. She will make herself ill and end up staying longer if she hasn't calmed down. I spoke to Michael and he and Margaret have their own hospital appointments next week plus Margarets son is over to visit before Christmas so they cannot take her either and he feels she is better where she is and getting what she needs for when she returns home.
She isn't speaking to Peter and I feel so bad that i have let her down. Plus it feels like I am taking Peters side against my own sister.
Peter has said she has had so much chemo it has addled her brain. Plus the illness makes you so grumpy I remember this from Gorden's mum had bowel cancer she got so agitated and snappy with people.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2017, 04:11 PM
oh dear Lynn, sounds like you and the family are in between a rock and a hard place. Of course she is better off where she is until the care package is in place. Very sad but there is only so much you can do!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2017, 04:33 PM
I know Moyra and I have to keep reminding myself it is only for a few more days although it feels like I have condemned her to stay there forever by saying no.
Just poured myself a glass of red.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2017, 05:17 PM
Lynn, you haven't let Gill down, please...don't feel that way!! she needs to stay and get the care package in place..if she goes nothing will be done and next week you will all be back in the same situation...you HAVE done the RIGHT thing
Mum had a fall today outside on the ice, damaged her left side this time...she isn't even 60 yet
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Oh no griff sorry to hear about mum must be such a worry.
I wonder if she is so grumpy because she is not feeling right and worried.

I know I have done the right thing in the long term but I find it so hard to say no to people. I know we haven't got a lot of time left with Gill and feel so bad having to let her down if I had the bed down here and the care package wasn't needed I would of taken her and nursed her if needed. Just makes you feel so guilty even though I know I shoudln't.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >