Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:33 AM

Ear infection

Poor Mya, she was holding her head funny yesterday and trying to shake her head but reluctant too, I checked her ears and her ears/flaps are all swollen and inside her ears are red, scabby and weeping. We are off to the vets tonight. This is the same as what she got when she had severe allergic reaction to something, her face swelled then her ears, thankfully it's just her ears this time.
Poor baby I hope she's gonna be ok as she's due to be spayed at the end of the month so hope the vet can sort it before then
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by Fred&Mya'smum View Post
Poor Mya, she was holding her head funny yesterday and trying to shake her head but reluctant too, I checked her ears and her ears/flaps are all swollen and inside her ears are red, scabby and weeping. We are off to the vets tonight. This is the same as what she got when she had severe allergic reaction to something, her face swelled then her ears, thankfully it's just her ears this time.
Poor baby I hope she's gonna be ok as she's due to be spayed at the end of the month so hope the vet can sort it before then
poor Mya hope she gets well soon, sammy went to vets last week with his right ear, the first night we thought he had a stroke, but found out after a week of antibiotics he got ear mites from the next door cat. he's alot better but having to put Canaural in his ears twice a day.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Thank you, I would rather be ill myself than the dogs be ill, I worry so much about them
Glad Sammy is improving, that's good to know.
Hopefully vet will sort Mya out tonight. I've got piriton in just in case her face starts swelling too.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 08:57 AM
You might find this article helpful

http://www.rottweilerhealth.org/pdfs..._hiller_02.pdf
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by promarc View Post
poor Mya hope she gets well soon, sammy went to vets last week with his right ear, the first night we thought he had a stroke, but found out after a week of antibiotics he got ear mites from the next door cat. he's alot better but having to put Canaural in his ears twice a day.
You should enciurage your neighbours to treat their cat otherwise the problem may recur
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Thank you, I would rather be ill myself than the dogs be ill, I worry so much about them
Hopefully vet will sort Mya out tonight. I've got piriton in just in case her face starts swelling too.
She may get a wee injection as well as ear drops. Ours get samd thing. I check ears daily & as soon as see ears startnto redden, use ear drops. Ears get crusty & bleed when the dog scratches because of the irritation

Hugs to Mya that she gets on ok at the vets xx
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
You might find this article helpful

http://www.rottweilerhealth.org/pdfs..._hiller_02.pdf
Thank you this is really interesting, I noticed when tickling her chin yesterday she lifted her chin up for me to keep tickling and her chin was quite pink, I'm also going to check her paws too. Going to print this out so I can read it again.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
She may get a wee injection as well as ear drops. Ours get samd thing. I check ears daily & as soon as see ears startnto redden, use ear drops. Ears get crusty & bleed when the dog scratches because of the irritation

Hugs to Mya that she gets on ok at the vets xx
Thank you, I'll let you know how we get on xx
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-10-2011, 12:58 PM
oh yes i agree i'd rather be ill, at least we can let peeps know whats wrong and how we feel.

Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
You should enciurage your neighbours to treat their cat otherwise the problem may recur
Oh dont worry they got told and took it vets for something and told me there keeping the cat in till its fixed
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Poor Mya Hope the vet can make her feel better xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >