View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes Dibby and, so the vet told me after my GSD died when she contracted Pyometra and breast tumours - they are also at more risk from the tumours. I didn't know that back then over 20 yrs ago. I've had all my bitches spayed since.

As for not neutering male dogs - I always have bitches but I can assure you that the dog next door to me turned into a totally different dog when there was a bitch in season nearby. Went from a real sweetie and a dog we'd never heard bark into a total menace to the whole neighbourhood! Didn't shuttup for a minute.

He'd still have been howling for the nearby bitch if I'd taken him in (I live between them) and there's no way I could put up with that or inflict it on the neighbours for weeks. He also pissed on (or marked or whatever it is he was doing) everything in sight since. He used to come and visit with no probs for short periods of time. No way the past few weeks. Cocking his leg up every chair, coats hanging up, everything he walked past lol!

Main reason his owner now wishes she had had him 'done' is because everyone she asked to look after him for a few weeks refused to on account of him being unneutered and going crazy for the bitches!

The lovely lady who has him now has reluctantly agreed to because she has a huge premises with huge outside garden separate from front courtyard and fenced off. She has two minpins (both girls) herself and a quite new baby and she works part time. She is going to have to keep them separated the whole time as her bitches aren't spayed either.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2