Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IceCody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2014, 04:36 PM

So frustrating

It drives me up the wall when I have to defend my hobby.
People keep telling me that I spend to much money on my dogs and shows but I keep trying to get them to understand that my hobby is no different than people´s that like skiing and motorbikes. They spend a whole lot of money on their hobbies and noone bats an eye

Just drives me up the wall!! Especially when they try to talk me into breeding them to at least get some of that money back. How hard is it to understand that my pups are not money making machines? Aside from the fact that it is impossible to make money off of breeding.
My Leo is an icelandic champion and is one mark off from becoming an international one but how in the world does that make me selfish that I don´t want to stud him out to anyone that asks? It´s not about that. I´m just not ready to make puppies just because I can. I would be just as responsible if those puppies wouldn´t get good homes but I would not have any say in what homes they would be placed in.

Ok maybe I am acting like a sullen child but I am allowed to once in awhile. They´re my dogs and I get to choose what I do with them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-01-2014, 04:40 PM
My friend, who has the boys, and myself who has the girls, work together on this, we actually own one of the boys together, because she too is concerned about where her boy's progeny end up. Is there anyone you have met who has girls who is careful about where their babies go.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by IceCody View Post
It drives me up the wall when I have to defend my hobby.
People keep telling me that I spend to much money on my dogs and shows but I keep trying to get them to understand that my hobby is no different than people´s that like skiing and motorbikes. They spend a whole lot of money on their hobbies and noone bats an eye

Just drives me up the wall!! Especially when they try to talk me into breeding them to at least get some of that money back. How hard is it to understand that my pups are not money making machines? Aside from the fact that it is impossible to make money off of breeding.
My Leo is an icelandic champion and is one mark off from becoming an international one but how in the world does that make me selfish that I don´t want to stud him out to anyone that asks? It´s not about that. I´m just not ready to make puppies just because I can. I would be just as responsible if those puppies wouldn´t get good homes but I would not have any say in what homes they would be placed in.

Ok maybe I am acting like a sullen child but I am allowed to once in awhile. They´re my dogs and I get to choose what I do with them.
Just ignore them your money your dogs your hobby ......enjoy!!!

People are already saying to me, if I will breed ( stud ) Figo

Because he is a rare breed and I could make lots of money from him

One his pedigree is endorsed and two, he's to young to even think about it....

BTW.....are you bringing him to crafts .
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Know nothing about pedigrees Jackie what does endorsed mean?

Your dogs,your business.People should mind their own,nothing to do with them how much you spend on them imagine its hard but best ignored(( hugs))
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

19-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Dagbjört - if your hobby was collecting stamps, it would be nobody's business but your own.

So your hobby is your gorgeous little dogs, and as such is also nobody's business but your own.

What you spend your money on is up to you, not up to other people, and I do not think that you should have to defend yourself against petty minded people.

(((hugs)))
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

19-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Know nothing about pedigrees Jackie what does endorsed mean?

Your dogs,your business.People should mind their own,nothing to do with them how much you spend on them imagine its hard but best ignored(( hugs))
Basically Figo's breeder has endorsed his papers with " progeny not for breeding " which means if I was to use Figo at stud, none of the pups could be registered with the KC... She will lift them if he fills the criteria ( health tests and such) In the future, but I am really not to bothered about that.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Basically Figo's breeder has endorsed his papers with " progeny not for breeding " which means if I was to use Figo at stud, none of the pups could be registered with the KC... She will lift them if he fills the criteria ( health tests and such) In the future, but I am really not to bothered about that.
Thanks
IceCody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Just ignore them your money your dogs your hobby ......enjoy!!!

People are already saying to me, if I will breed ( stud ) Figo

Because he is a rare breed and I could make lots of money from him

One his pedigree is endorsed and two, he's to young to even think about it....

BTW.....are you bringing him to crafts .
I am not sure what crafts means?
IceCody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Thank you all for your pep talk and the hugs.

I try to ignore it but when it´s family it can get a little tougher. But you are all right. MY dogs, MY decsion.
I took my pups for a walk and gave them all hugs and kisses and I feel a lot better now
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

19-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by IceCody View Post
I am not sure what crafts means?
should say Crufts
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >