Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 05:46 PM

A few photo's of my garden this year - Pic Heavy

I absolutely love this time of year as my garden starts to take shape and looks like the relaxing summer haven I miss so much in the winter.

Here's a few shots of what i've got going on this year:

A shot of the overall garden, please ignore the grass, it's the only thing that doesn't look nice!! Also the netting is there to keep the cats out whilst it's all establishing itself

The decking area:

My bird table that is getting a lot of use at the moment from some very greedy birds!

Our new gas BBQ:

One of my veggie patch protectors! He needs a paint job though!

Chilli's, Peppers and Tomatoes in the growhouse:

My herb collection of lemon thyme, mint, sage, parsley and garlic chives:

The pot in front has sunflowers in that I grow every year for the birds!!

My archway with jasmine growing either side and also my hanging baskets with trailing lobelia and fuschia's except all the plants are still quite young so not in full effect yet:

My rose bush:

Strawberries and Potatoes:

My veggie patch which has a row of peas and beans running along the back which eventually use the railings for the decking as their support as it's lined with netting:

It also has carrots, onions, mixed salad leaves, sweetcorn and spinach in there:

Sorry for the picture overload! I'm just very proud of my efforts as when we first bought the house everything in front of the decking was pure patio and now it feels like a proper garden!
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Wow you have worked wonders! And so much lovely veg as well. You will have a feast!!! I cant wait to see some more photos in a couple of months and see how much it has all changed! Where did you get the lemon thyme from as i only seem able to buy the regular stuff but much prefer cooking with the lemon one!! x
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Beautiful! I love seeing the pics of other peoples gardens, i LOVE your veggie patch protector! x
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
Wow you have worked wonders! And so much lovely veg as well. You will have a feast!!! I cant wait to see some more photos in a couple of months and see how much it has all changed! Where did you get the lemon thyme from as i only seem able to buy the regular stuff but much prefer cooking with the lemon one!! x
Thanks, it was bloody hard work getting it all as it is now but it's worth it when i can sit out there on my lunch break or after work and just relax.

I got the lemon thyme from a local garden centre that have a superb range of herbs and they were doing four small pots for a fiver but they've all grown really well. Lemon thyme is one my ultimate faves to cook with especially with either chicken or sprinkled over roast potatoes!

Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Beautiful! I love seeing the pics of other peoples gardens, i LOVE your veggie patch protector! x
My mum had him previously but she's moving house so i've rescued him and rehomed him! I did want to put him up on the railings but I don't want him to scare the birds away from the bird table!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-06-2010, 06:19 PM
It looks brill Es, esp the veggie patch
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
It looks brill Es, esp the veggie patch
Thanks, we're never going to be self sufficient but if I can get one meal out of it then i'm happy!! I've planted more pea's this year as last year they never made it to the kitchen as I ate them as a gardening snack!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Wow, you have every right to be proud, you have done so well
Are those potatoes in bags in pic 16? We have got 6 bags here doing really well.
Everything looks great you will be picking in no time
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Wow, you have every right to be proud, you have done so well
Are those potatoes in bags in pic 16? We have got 6 bags here doing really well.
Everything looks great you will be picking in no time
Yep they are in bags. I've got three different varieties in the bags. My parents gave me the bags as they used them last year and said they were really good. I used black sacks last years that weren't quite as attractive!

I've tried to go for a bit of a mix this year as i like to do my bit for the wildlife so have the sunflowers for the birds and then some flowers for the bees.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 06:51 PM
What varieties are you growing?
Last year ours were rubbish and hubby says if they are the same this year it will be the last
We have Charlotte, Vivaldi and Swift.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
What varieties are you growing?
Last year ours were rubbish and hubby says if they are the same this year it will be the last
We have Charlotte, Vivaldi and Swift.
I've gone for charlotte, desiree and wilja. In what way were yours rubbish? In terms of taste or quantity?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >