Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-12-2009, 08:17 PM

Ben, JRTx ?Dachs

Ben, JRTx ?Dachs

His Story: Ben was taken on as a 6 month old pup. He was fussed over and loved, but never really let his hair (?Ears) down and was becoming territorial over his sofa and nipped. His owners became nervous of him. Ben hasn't looked back since he has been in foster with 2 lurchers and cats.

Salient points: Ben is a cuddles and puddles dog! Needs to enjoy a sofa, but to understand it comes with terms! Needs a secure garden. Ben is proven with dogs, cats, horses and 'wild folk! Ben shouldn't live with young children and be supervised around visiting children. Accepts firm controls needing owners to call the shots, without firing 'direct ammunition!' Puppyish in his ways and adaptability.

Advert: Ben is 3 years old and has led a sheltered life up until now, but now it's time for Ben 'to get a life'! Big Ben ... no, not in stature, but in grandiose ideas if allowed! His fosterer has the measure of him as we say and as a result he is having a ball! "He jumps on the sofa to add height when he's playing with the lurchers, but got 'kicked off' when he decided it was ok to tell the lurchers to stay away from HIS sofa". In fact Ben has proven he is worthy of his sofa, but it is shared and not exactly 'owned'. He is a perfect fit into an 'animal home'.

Another insight into his fostering fun ... "the ends of his ears are a little sore so Lizzy put some germolene on them, he was very good as she put it on, but then it started to sting and he threw a little tantrum and ended put in his crate to cool off. He weighs less than a good Christmas pudding, so he stands no chance! But obviously he has been allowed too many opinions in the past. Now unfortunately for him he has germolene on every few hours and has behaved perfectly every time. He has a very inflated ego. He's now sound asleep in front of the fire, lucky boy."

Ben is a character! He is destined to be a country bumpkin..he is so adaptable and such a joy so cuddles and puddles it has to be! Oh and be warned the Dachie in him means he is a digger!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-01-2010, 07:31 PM
An update by Ben’s fosterer:

“Ben is not scared of fireworks! Next door set off fireworks at midnight , I must confess to being in bed by then, and although they woke me up briefly , me, dogs and cats, all slept on despite the light and sound show beside us. Today we went on the greyhound walks new years day Hylands Park mass walk, about 150 dogs mainly greys, some lurchers, a few mixed breeds, 2 other terriers and little Ben. He was a little gobsmacked at first, but as ever, although he growled at a few , only the ones who threatened him, but within minutes he was in the swing of things totally unphased by the other dogs all round and over him and just got on with his own agenda ,

This little girl wanted to take him home and was disappointed when her mum said no!

Ben loves everybody he meets, he must have been fussed by at least 50 people and wagged his tail constantly, people comment on his lovely eyes and his waggy tail”!

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Perhaps Beagle/Russell?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-01-2010, 09:57 PM
An update from Ben's fosterer:

"Ben still doing fine, nothing to say really, loves the snow, loves his walks, loves playing with Chilli, tollerates Django, loves riding in the car, loves his food, loves his bones, sleeps under his blankets, goes to the back door when he needs to go out, rarely barks, ignores the cats, loves everyone he meets when out and about, keeps clear of the horses, would like to chase bunnys, does hunt rats, likes most dogs he meets, very cuddly, sleeps all evening after his dinner".

I'm waiting for you , where are you ? will you love me enough to give me my forever home ?
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Ben having fun ;D

Click here:
YouTube - ben .wmv
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Delighted to report that this dogs has now found a forever home!
Closed Thread