Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2019, 07:37 AM

Daily Chatter Friday 15th February

Good morning everyone

Hope all those with coughs are now much improved

A bit frosty first thing and misty but the sun is breaking through. Washing on the line and now taking Teazle out.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-02-2019, 07:51 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow.
Feeling improved but boy I am now convinced this is the flu not a cough and cold. Haven't eaten properly since Tuesday nothing inspires me. Did manage some Prosecco last night that Gorden bought incase I felt up to celebrating Valentines day and a bit of fish pie.
Builder back today to finish off fireplace very pleased with ow it's turning out.
No dust today thank goodness good job it was a good day to sit in the garden away from it all yesterday.
Gorden off to London in a bit back this evening.

Have you managed to find the elusive trousers yet Sue ?
Kazz hope you are feeling ok today.
Harvey hope all is well in your camp.
griff hope neighbourly niggles are settling down, or have settled down.
To everyone else hope you're feeling well and all four legged friends are to.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2019, 08:39 AM
Good morning girls, I had a lovely comfortable night on my magnetic mattress reviver! So comfortable. Changing my energy supplier w.e.f. 1st March going back to Scottish Power. Shame you have to keep swapping to keep your costs down. Anyway hope you and your pets are well and have a good day. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2019, 09:56 AM
Morning all. Lynn get well soon. Lots of liquids eg strong tasty soup etc. Moyra you are very brave changing suppliers. I wouldn't have a clue so stick with who we have always been with. Just keeping fingers crossed that the grass survives as it is very frosty. Typical as I cut the grass yesterday. I am sure it will be ok. Have a good day all. Hi Sue. And I expect Kelly will be on later. bg!!i
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-02-2019, 12:01 PM
Glad the mattress has helped with your sleep Moyra.
Thank you brenda all I am doing is drinking at the moment.

Builder gone lovely job he has done I will post a pic in a while just sitting having a coffee with a tot of rum in it. It wasn't so warm in the garden today although sunny.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Afternoon all
Lynn, sorry you are still poorly
Sue, hope you find so.e trousers for Barry, I think they have changed the sizing on leg lengths as Steve told me he needed long.. always had long, I bought those and nope....too long by far
Moyra, so glad you had a good night's sleep
Brenda, switching is easy!! Honestly
Neighbours...I just don't speak to them at all now, just the Asian lady next door and the Asian family next door but one.
Steve's kitchen is turning into a nightmare, they should have come 30th January... didn't come...he had 4 days off work, then arranged for the 19th February...all good as he has a week off....got a letter saying 13th February so he called and explained he wouldn't be back from work until 11.30am...the supervisor came round and was trying to pressurise him into giving them a key...he refused, so Wednesday came...no kitchen fitters, Thursday, his day off which they knew and we just thought they would come first thing.... nothing, so he called,was told you need the supervisor, call him. So, Steve calls the guy....no answer! His kitchen is in boxes, one neighbour had her kitchen started 2 weeks ago and it only got finished yesterday, the other neighbour got started Monday....she still has no cooker or units in the kitchen, I have told Steve don't let them start today as he won't have a cooker until Monday at the earliest
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely sunny day, but cold. That 'gentle' breeze they forecast forgot to mention that it is a blooming cold one.

We switched energy suppliers to Bulb not long ago. They are supposed to be the cheapest, but time will tell.

My hubby always had short leg trousers which used to be 28" for the short size. Now they've changed to 29" they are always just too long.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2019, 02:27 PM
Just had a scam phone call. I hung up but I have noted the number and reported it. No. was 01773542220 Just hang up if they call. Still sunny here and grass looks lovely.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2019, 03:21 PM
I was with Scottish power before then last time I supply beat them. I saw bulb and as I hadn't heard of it I went back to Scottish Power who I know are reasonable as long as you do not stay with them too long.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-02-2019, 03:50 PM
That wind certainly is chilly today Chris.
That's really bad griff funny how they forget others have to work. Always expect people to work to their schedule.
Like you say if you have a dog it is a big worry. We kept Dillon on a collar and lead to grab it if doors left open. Must say though he has been excellent and not even tried to exit the front door when it was open. You just never know though and always better safe than sorry.
We stay with the same supplier they go up and down depending on the market but their customer service is excellent so we pay a little more if necessary for that reason. SSE.

Well got some tidying done fire in the fireplace knocked myself up doing it. Plus the dust isn't helping have dusted everything but still a bit hanging in the air so coughing badly again. Sure it will settle in a day or two. Wasn't the best time to have a fireplace knocked through.

We have had a lot of scam type calls over the last week. Bl**dy nuisance.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >