Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2019, 08:10 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 14th February, 2019

Good morning everyone, Happy Valentines Day. I hope you and all your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. Thank you Lynn or whoever passed the cough and cold on down the line to me. Nasty, I shall have to get some Covonia too, think.

I think it is going to be a nice day so wrap up warm and dry and stay safe and well.

I hope those suffering with the cough and cold get well soon.
God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2019, 08:28 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Happy St. Valentines to all.
Lovely sunny day here today.

Oh no Moyra look after yourself mine has turned worse over Tuesday night more like the flu. Was up and about yesterday but didn't venture out anywhere stayed indoors up today and dressed as we have the builder coming to knock out the fireplace.
Feeling a lot better than Tuesday thank goodness.
If you have any ginger and lemons they are good make a tea with them delicious and good for you to.
Also you can get echinacea and raspberry tea bags they are nice and the echinacea is good for you also. You can get them from Tesco.
Although still coughing and blowing my nose a lot I am feeling a lot better so all the things must be helping.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2019, 09:13 AM
Good morning all.

Our poor postman will need a back brace today to bring all the cards to our house. Poor fella . Happy Valentines Day all.

Glad your cold is getting a little better Lynn, but very naughty of you to pass it on to Moyra. Hope yours is soon over, Moyra. Horrible, horrible bug this winter.

Have a good day all x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2019, 09:34 AM
Good morning all.

This cough cold seems to getting loads into its grip even if you have previously had it, hope you all feel better soon.

Have arranged Moms funeral Monday 25th 12.30 just flowers and pictures for the order of service to do now and liaise with the reception venue food etc We thought as cold and lunchtime something like chips/wedges and pasta so something hot as well as some sarnies/salad/chicken etc.

We are doing okay I think because there was nothing more we could have said or done no regrets as my brother said other than we could not turn back time. However Mom is with Dad reunited and that's how they would want to be.

Anyhow cold and a fog/mist here getting used to being able to leave the house again for the first time since October really without worrying and waiting for the family to come so I could pop out, Gert enjoying the walks and I am enjoying the freedom (odd but true) To register Moms passing was the first time since August myself sister and brother had been out together we went for lunch then registered death.

Have a good day all
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2019, 09:39 AM
Feeling brighter, having walked Amber out to meet her friends who are more interested in what I keep in my pocket sliced up dog sausages of beef and lamb. All the dogs round here know me and what's in my pocket!
Now having some tea and toast.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2019, 12:48 PM
Afternoon all. Guess wot I have mowed the grass in the sun out the front of the house. Will now do the back when it has dried a bit more around 3pm. Hope everyone feels better soon.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2019, 01:12 PM
We've just been saying how ours could do with a cut, Brenda. It seems to have started growing and with Rosie being little she gets soaked. It's too wet here to attempt to give it a trim so hoping for a few days dry weather so we can give it a go. That was the Royal 'We' as I have now't to do with it other than saying it needs doing

You will be going through the whole range of emotions at the minute, Kaz. Enjoyment of the freedom. Guilt because you do enjoy the freedom and always the overriding sadness and feeling of someone missing. Thoughts are with you. It's a horrible time, but it will get easier xx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Sorry you now have the cough Moyra but pleased to read you are feeling a little better

Hope you continue to improve Lynn

Hugs Kazz your will be all over the place for a time but you will get through it.

I was looking at my lawn this morning Brenda but still to wet to do anything.

Went out again this morning to get some trousers for Barry but he says they are all too long. They don't make them any shorter but of course what do I know! Have now measured some he is wearing now and proved to him they were the correct length so will now order them on line rather than hunt through the rails again. Out this afternoon for another lovely walk along Hastings seafront - even sat eating an ice cream Spring must be here

Hope all are keeping well
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2019, 03:09 PM
Done the back garden grass now. Looks good. Watching Corrie now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2019, 03:10 PM
Afternoon everyone weather been lovely here pottered in the garden planted up some bits and then we sat mostly in the garden moving round with the sun.
While the builder has been and still is sorting the fireplace beginning to take shape now and looking good.
Feeling much better having had a good dose of vit d.
Bit chilly now so Dilon and I curled up on the bed in the warm. Gorden is making another cuppa for the builder.
The one thing we love about here sitting out not worrying about grass or hedges that need cutting bit having the grass next door that is someone else's problem for us to enjoy.

Sue Gorden is on the shorter leg side 29" is the right length for him. Not sure they make them shorter than that.
Moyra glad the walk helped the cold/cough.
Kazz so difficult at this time. So many emotions.

My friend Julie in Essex lost her terrier the other evening he died in his sleep. 15 years old. She is very upset so I sent some flowers and choccies hoping they will cheer her up a bit.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >