Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2010, 04:47 PM

Dog boots

I'm looking to buy dog boots that they can wear when off-lead & on rough ground, preferably one's that cover a few inches up the leg as well.
I've used the protective type of boots for paw injury before but I'm thinking of something more substantial and easier for the dogs to move in. Must be suitable for use on rough terrain and stay securely in place.
Any recommedations please?

I'm looking at the ruff wear ones (bit short though) and the pro-active boots for starters. Anyone used either?
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by bint View Post
I'm looking to buy dog boots that they can wear when off-lead & on rough ground, preferably one's that cover a few inches up the leg as well.
I've used the protective type of boots for paw injury before but I'm thinking of something more substantial and easier for the dogs to move in. Must be suitable for use on rough terrain and stay securely in place.
Any recommedations please?

I'm looking at the ruff wear ones (bit short though) and the pro-active boots for starters. Anyone used either?
I haven't used them myself but Countrymun used to sell them, they say they are used by search and rescue dogs etc.
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Ok, thanks for that. Will look further into them
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2010, 09:07 PM
got some for my Mum's dog, as his paws were cut on the ice. We got the cordura ones from snow paw store. They are very good.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 01:37 PM
I bought Muttlucks for Oliver, they're made very well, soft leather on the outside of the bottom, and over the toes. they have a cuff that goes up the leg... but I believe they're made here in Canada, and I doubt you have that brand over there, but maybe something similar? Ollie went through 3 pairs before we went the expensive route... these ones are AWESOME. they have shown no wear, have never fallen off, and dont get snow inside.
I dont have any really good pics of them, but this pic shows the one on his back foot.
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Thank you Loki's mum, have seen those boots on snowpaw site
Thank you Sara'n'Scout. You can get them in the UK so definately considering them. They come a good way up the leg which is what I was after - nursing 2 dogs with leg injuries at the moment They look quite similar to another boot I've seen. Great photo
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks! A friend of mine just bought them for her Pit Bull, as he's always cutting up his feet/legs in the snow, she's really happy with them too.