Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 12:33 PM

Dog Boots

I just received my dog walking boots from Dog Mobility, and have to say, I find them excellent! My older dog is currently suffering from worn pads and I didn't want them to get infected, and of course, I couldn't walk him on the road either with pads like that, only to wear them down even more.

I tested them out on a walk this morning, and although on wet grass, they just stayed on the whole time, never even slipped, and he's a very big, heavy dog, I was well impressed with them and he seemed to enjoy being in them without any pain! Once you get the actual foot squeazed into them, they come up about half way up the lower leg, then there's a big velcro strap to hold them in place, it couldn't be simpler!

I don't know if I can actually post a link, but the website is Dog Mobility if you're looking for foot protection! I got a set of four for £30 which is very reasonable, but of course, you can buy them singly, and I reckon they're a must have for your first aid kit, coz you just never know!
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Awww thats great news. So the socks wernt working then? Go on Helena post a pic of him in his new shoes
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Some sled dogs wear boots for racing..so if they can stay on at speeds of 30mph I am sure they will be fine for normal walks..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Ok Valandra, tomorrow morning I'll take a piccy before we go out!! He looks really smart and doesn't resemble a sheep in any shape or form!

Yes Louise, I suppose the clue is in the name, i.e. Dog Mobility, and I did see special racing boots on there, but these do the job perfectly for what I wanted so they're also great for sore feet! I might get some myself after all this road walking!!!