tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2018, 05:09 PM

New regs for boarding establishments

Links

http://www.petcare.org.uk/images/Ima...rding_cats.pdf

http://www.petcare.org.uk/images/Ima...rding_dogs.pdf

If one followed all this boarding establishment would close down. yet again drawn up by idiots who more than likely never owned a cattery or kennels.

Just said to Sue how glad we both are to have sold ours
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-08-2018, 07:22 PM
Haven't read it all but this caught my eye:-

Training:-
documentation of the annual appraisal.

So you call Sue into the office for the 'annual appraisal' and tick all the boxes.

Then she calls you into the office and does the 'annual appraisal' on you and (obviously) ticks all the boxes.

Then you both go down the pub and have a jolly good laugh.

As with so much in life now the government has decided it can make people behave responsibly by issuing lengthy documents written in 'civil service' speak.

None of the stuff that is issued now takes account of the fact that there are some nasty people out there and they will exploit others to make money, they don't have any desire to do a good job.

I've seen the photo of your kennels and don't need to ask questions, you knew what had to be done and did it well. But a lot of people just don't care and these regulations are hardly going to change that
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Friend of ours who still owns a kennel and cattery has not even had a visit from the environmental Heath Officer for 3 years. He just fills in the form ,sends the fee money and get the licence sent back in the post. That is how much local governments care
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Fried of ours who still owns a kennel and cattery has not even had a visit from the environmental Heath Officer for 3 years. He just fills in the form ,sends the fee money and get the licence sent back in the post. That is how much local governments care

So, yet another way to tax the people
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2018, 11:38 PM
always had to pay for a licence to be able o operate an animal boarding establishment same with any business that needs a licence
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2018, 11:49 PM
Losos
It took us nearly 7 years to turn that boarding kennels and cattery around.
The old kennel bars you could kick in with rust - the floors were rough concrete- no power in most kennels and cat pens- bare wires kept apart because they had not been touched and had no insulation on them- Old industrial fuse boxes falling off the walls- Isolation area had 3 ft of rotten straw on it -grooming parlour didn't exist. Just to mention a few minor things needed doing

When we took over I had the licencing guy down and asked what he would like to see done. as we had limit time to do anything a mentioned took us 7 years . Started out with only 350 clients on the books, when we sold 23/4 years later we had 5,500 clients on our books
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Started out with only 350 clients on the books, when we sold 23/4 years later we had 5,500 clients on our books

Well, you must have been doing something right
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2018, 07:32 AM
I haven't had a chance to read the regs yet but my friend is selling her boarding kennels business and I saw a comment that made me believe she already complies with everything that is needed so hopefully that will make it a more attractive proposition for someone wanting to go into the business.