Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leelovesjayson
New Member!
Female 

09-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Well when my Welsh collie was in labour, she started to dig a hole in the garden to give birth in. She was really restless and started to pant quite heavily. We just put her bed in our living room where it was warm and she got on with it!
Hey hun. i have a preg dog and was wondering do u no what the signs of labour is my dog is due on the 16th may x
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 01:57 PM
The problem is the signs are different in different bitches. Most bitches scratch up to make a bed,tend to stop eating, then their temperature goes down they lie down & pant & then the puppies are born, but some bitches don't do these things. They are all different. I even had one who insisted on standing to have her puppies. I had to catch each one & she had 13. I have never had a bitch be sick but as you can see above crazycockers says most of her bitches are. I have always said the drop in temperature is what I used to go on but have even heard of bitches where this does not happen
leelovesjayson
New Member!
Female 

09-05-2011, 02:03 PM
lol thankyou for your advice. she pants 24/7. shes startin to have discharge from her vag, i can see her babies kick her. she keeps eatin loads and i mean loads i give her her meal ant 5-10 mins later she hungry again i dnt no what to do with her lol. iv even got bix down for her. x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2