Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2008, 12:11 AM

My OH and our wedding advice please?

As some of you know my OH and I are getting married in November, we went to pick up our forms etc today to get our bands in. When we were walking back to the car he turned round and said I don't want to have the meal afterwards anymore after we have booked it etc and he just wants to get married. I got annoyed at him because he's let me organise it all! Now a couple of hours later he's telling me to do what I want knowing he doesn't really want the meal! grrrrrrrr what am I meant to do ??
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2008, 06:25 AM
Weddings are funny times, people get very stressed.
If you can, I would leave it for a couple of days and then get him to sit down and go over with you what you both want.
Hope it works out for you *hugs*
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Good advice from MissE.

The only thing I would add is try not to lose your temper with him. yes, maybe he should have made his feelings clear from the start about what kind of wedding he wanted - but he's possibly mixed up between what he wants wedding wise and the desire to make you happy.

I'm sure if you can sit down and have a good chat you'll work something out that you are both happy about and don't forget, marriage is all about compromise
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
marriage is all about compromise
Absolutely spot on!

Try not to kill him

As everyone says, stay calm, and try and sit down for a heart to heart.

Hopefully, he'll be fine
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2008, 03:41 PM
He was more worried about the money aspect but we've sorted it out!! Thanks for all the advice! He felt better after we got his kilt fitting done and dusted! Poor thing's getting stressed and I thought it was me that was meant to!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
He was more worried about the money aspect but we've sorted it out!! Thanks for all the advice! He felt better after we got his kilt fitting done and dusted! Poor thing's getting stressed and I thought it was me that was meant to!
Glad he has chilled out again. One of the best pieces of advice I was given was to remember that the actual wedding day is not the most important part, it is the marriage. It helped change my focus a bit and see the bigger picture. Still a stresssful time though
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
That's really good to know that you can talk about things and sort them out so quickly - well done to you both.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
That's really good to know that you can talk about things and sort them out so quickly - well done to you both.
We're both very honest with each other and if we dont like something we'll tell each other and work out a compromise! He just needed to know eerything was ok